greetings from Brazil my friend!

One of best Seadragon model out there....

Awesome work on it so far...

Shep

Hi Shep,

I am not really convinced...but thank you. :worship:

I'll try to keep you guys updated.

Regards,Laz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

after a long weekend and a more longer week at work I am here with some progress on my MH-53E.Some cockpit and cargo bay building/painting job done.

To the attention of Matt:

I've found some problem by the bending of the doorstep by the entrance of the cockpit.

If you do the steps according to the Eduard instructions you will have a large gap between the wall of the cockpit and the doorstep itself.Some cutting will help,don't be afraid of it.

Here are the pictures:

MH-53_17.jpg

MH-53_18.jpg

MH-53_19.jpg

MH-53_20.jpg

No drybrushing yet.

Comments are welcome as always.

Regards,Laz

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

it's time for an update.

A long ago I was working on the interieur...but life got in the way,so still need to paint the details.

I was on holiday plus had a difficult week because of family issues.

Some detail job done on the rotor head:

MH-53_21.jpg

plus I am preparing the folding mechanism by the rotorblades.

MH-53_22.jpg

I will try to make more progress this weekend.

Regards,Laz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Shep,Brett thank you for your kind words,I've just try to build a model for my own pleasure.

Anyway,it's good to know that I am on the right path. :rolleyes:

So,after a long hiatus I am back again with some new pictures.Got some free time this weekend to make some progress on the interieur: a wash with dilluted black/white/light grey/blue is on together with a light grey drybrushing.I"ve tried to adapt using the filters from armor/miltary modelers...I am hoping for a good result after one layer of cote next week.

I've also painted some different things: frame of the windows,some black boxes on the walls,seats and so on plus tried to make the inner isolation on the wall.Some more sections needs to be done.

Take a look at the progress:

MH-53_23.jpg

MH-53_24.jpg

MH-53_25.jpg

MH-53_26.jpg

MH-53_27.jpg

I've drybrushed the equipments on the board and modified the collectives on the pilotseats (thanks to Mario who realized that they are upside down...) and scratchbuild some more things: a few scrolled isolation from the walls,a big military box, a fire-extinguisher and a dragbar which came from my spare parts box,it should be the product of Fujimi.

MH-53_28.jpg

MH-53_29.jpg

After that I've made the same steps on the parts of the canopy (they are Eduard parts) and the cargo door.On this part I've tried to simulate a little bit more damage caused by the intense usage.

MH-53_30.jpg

Tiger331,

yes,I've heard the rumours about the wrong direction but I didn't notice it on my copy.Maybe the problem is typical for the very first productional batch of the MH-53E,after realizing it,Italei modified the tools,I don't know...Mine is OK.Anyway,thank you for the early warning. :thumbsup:

Hope you like it.Comments,as always,are welcome.

Regards,Laz

Edited by Tripio

Hello there,

Great looking interior. Love the drybrushing.

Nice work

Oliver

Aaahhh,the Master Himself.

What an acknowledgement.

:salute::woot.gif:

Brenden,Daan,Oliver,

thank you for the encouragement.

I try to do the best I can.

Daan,

as far as the strips are concerned...the vertical ones are made from 0,5 mm styrene,the horizontal ones are made of plastic bristles straight from a broom...

Regards,Laz

Hi Laz,

fantastic progress! The interior looks great - nice scratchbuilding and painting! Keep it up! ;)

I'm waiting for the new pictures - especially of the assembled interior before you close the fuselage...

Cheers,

Zoli

• 1 year later...

Hello Girolamo,

thanks a lot.

I must confess that against my promise, not much happened with the Dragon:

we have our second child and life became much more busy... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really enjoyed the vacancy in Italy, you have a beautiful country.

Some more effort is needed to continue the model.I mean, a BIG EFFORT. :crying2:

Regards,Laz

• 5 years later...

Hello gentlemen,

Spending almost 6 years on the shelf of doom I decided to resurrect and finish the build.

This beast ate my mojo however I did it to myself...

In the last few days I did the internal detailing on the fuselage halves.

Sidewalls after the paint job (no varnish is applied yet).

s2LyIQm.jpg

PkJg5le.jpg

I consider all main parts for the internal detailing done. IMHO infinite number of hours could be spent to continue the detailing...These 4 parts contain approx 650 pieces of etched parts/wires/plastic pieces.

Ql04PHS.jpg

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Regards,Laz

Hello gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies, appreciated.

I am mating the main parts to close the fuselage.

Left side with flooring together:

iP2m7yA.jpg

With inserted roofing:

aZeugHf.jpg

I don't know what will be seen at the end from internal stuff but at least there will be something.

Regards,Laz

Hello gentlemen,

Fuselage is closed, finally I maneged to close it without huge gaps, however there were small misalignments everywhere (all eliminated with sanding).

I am happy that minimum ammount of puttying is waiting for me.

vZZNGmz.jpg

As I supposed not much can be seen from the internal details.

uSAaA6N.jpg

I am planning to finish the helicopter in storage position, with folded tail rotor.

Size is still HUGE.

n4mHblq.jpg

Some WARNING for those who are planning to use Eduard interior set:

1. Overhead panels are oversized, they will block the proper alignment of the windshield with the fuselage.

2. Also the intrument panel can cause a similar issue with its position: any leaning forward of the IP will block the same alignment.

Otherwise the Eduard sets are very good additions to the kit.

Regards,Laz