Wow!

I'm glad you revive this thread Laz!

And your build results are amazing!!

Your thread was the reason I bought the kit and Eduard's interior set...

Anyway..

On 2/20/2019 at 11:46 PM, Tripio said:

Some WARNING for those who are planning to use Eduard interior set:

1. Overhead panels are oversized, they will block the proper alignment of the windshield with the fuselage.

2. Also the intrument panel can cause a similar issue with its position: any leaning forward of the IP will block the same alignment.

Otherwise the Eduard sets are very good additions to the kit

I'm still not quite understood by these warning... And having invested on the same set, I'm curious with it.. can it be fixed? Or should I make certain modifications?

And do you have more detailed stories on how you make this "rod" (sorry... I can't find what it should be called) 

2ir4u86.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

Indonesia

Hello gentlemen,

Mario,

Thank you for your interest in the build.

About the Eduard interior set problems:

1. Overhead panels are oversized, they will block the proper alignment of the windshield with the fuselage.

Explanation: PE parts 67a/67b and 66 are looking different in reality then on the instructions. The end of panels (marked with red triangles) are sticking out with 2-3 mms compared to the edge of the transparent first section of the kit (canopy). That would equal a same sized gap on the top of the fuselage...

As a solution, on the sides I moved the panels forward (red arrow on the canopy).

In case of the middle panel I cut approximately 3 mms from the beginning and then I glued.

Dr4tpP4.jpg

2. Also the intrument panel can cause a similar issue with its position: any leaning forward of the IP will block the same alignment.

Explanation: bottom of PE part 2 should be bent slightly to give a tilt to the instrument panel. If you do so the top of the dashboard and the canopy will contact i.e. block the alignment.

Marked with red lines on the pictures.

yLGPFDl.jpg

RTQ3e12.jpg

As a solution I choose to bend back the instrument panel, otherwise I need to sand from the internal surface of the canopy (I was not dare enough to do so...)

Sorry for the poor explanation,hope it helped. I need to tell that it could happen that all of these small problems were caused by the internal detailing job itself and maybe they will not occur during a "normal" build.

As far as the "rod" is concerned it was made of from Evergreen rods/tubes in different diameters put into each other.

Next update will be about the rivet replacements.

Regards,Laz

• 1 month later...

Hello gentlemen,

In my last post I was talking about rivet replacement. I was completely wrong.

I planned to use some HGW rivet sets to replace lost surface detail after sanding but those rivets can be used AFTER Surfacer with some Mark Softer.

So I used all PE components plus I put some self made styrene details to the fuselage.

Some pictures about current status.

wauZfFD.jpg

GnaiuHu.jpg

ABBFw2B.jpg

Tail with some details:

SczzYfn.jpg

vQPkg43.jpg

Engines:

6QhguBI.jpg

8mZoNOs.jpg

Regards,Laz

Hello Mario,

Set is in the scale of 1/48, the 1/72 set was very tiny. Maybe I am wrong but Sea Dragon seems to have more pronounced rivets on its surface.

I have 26 metres to use,what I like especially is that there are different patterns on the sheet (double paralell rows and double rows with transverse pitch).

Regards,Laz