US naval aviation photo reference

I have just relaunched my website www.aircraftprofiles.dk . I have decided to keep a photo section on my site, but have reorganized the section completly. At the moment i have added about 150-200 photos all of aircraft that served under CVW-1. Comming is all the rest of the carrier air wings, and then i´ll move on to shorebased air wings. i´ll be continously adding photos, but have a looong way to go, with some 30000 photos on file. I hope you´ll stop by, my site, and let me know what you think. You can sign up for the RSS feed if you want news when the site is updated.

Nice site, beautiful artwork and interesting photos.

I have one nitpick though. I understand the unfortunate need to watermark your photos. However, the watermark across the center is extremely distracting. It is a total turn-off to enjoying the photos. I gave up viewing them after just a few.

Thanks ! i see your point ! i have found a differnet way to add watermakr, which might be more subtle. I´ll try that out on the CVW-2 batch.

thanks

Given that you don't own the copyrights to the photos, why watermark them. They only ruin the pictures.

I quit veiwing your sight after a few minutes. Probably won't return if watermarks continue.

thanks stephen...I recieve the photos from contributors, that only will offer their photos for my website if the photos are watermarked. My approach to this is: I rather have watermarked photos, than no photos at all. But i´m sure you can find the same photo reference elsewhere.

Funny you should say that, since until just recently, photos on your website in the past contained no

watermarks.

You are right. The guys that send me their photos, don´t like seeing their photos pop up on other websites and even in publication, so we made the deal that if i was to use their photos on my site, it woul dbe with a watermark . So again: it was either a watermark or no photos at all. But Mudrat: I agree with you, it would be better without the watermarks, but unfortunatly that´s not an option, at least not for me. Luckly there´s some fine photo collections elsewhere on the internet, where there´s no watermarks. Thanks for taking your time to comment on my site

Edited by aircraftprofiles