F/A-18F Superhornet 1/48, VFA-103

Hasegawa kit, aires cockpit, Hobbydecal dry transfers, FOD from miliput and some parts from Eduard PE set for exterior...

Thanks for comments in progress section.

I hope you will like it.

Nice day. Honza

000.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Terrific work yet again Honza! You really are the master when it comes to weathered painting. :salute:

Since this is "Critique Corner", I offer the following minor suggestions, 2 of which can still be fixed.

1) The navigation light on the starboard vertical stabilizer appears to be blue. Maybe this is just a color shift when photographing, but it should be green. Blue-green maybe, but still green.

2) A weathered Hornet like this should have some blow-back stain behind the front gun and in front of the windscreen. This isn't always the case because it does get cleaned off from time to time, but I think it would add to the look you're trying to portray.

3) The ablative coating on the bombs seems a little too "thick" for scale. A little finer rough surface would look better, IMHO.

Again, fantastic Hornet.

Many thanks guys!!! Really.

Terrific work yet again Honza! You really are the master when it comes to weathered painting. :salute:

Since this is "Critique Corner", I offer the following minor suggestions, 2 of which can still be fixed.

1) The navigation light on the starboard vertical stabilizer appears to be blue. Maybe this is just a color shift when photographing, but it should be green. Blue-green maybe, but still green.

2) A weathered Hornet like this should have some blow-back stain behind the front gun and in front of the windscreen. This isn't always the case because it does get cleaned off from time to time, but I think it would add to the look you're trying to portray.

3) The ablative coating on the bombs seems a little too "thick" for scale. A little finer rough surface would look better, IMHO.

Again, fantastic Hornet.

Hi Chuck. It will meybe looks like some excuse...

1) navigation light on vertical stabilizer should be red on left side and right side too... I must remake it...

2) I have some photos where is this part of plane clean... but you are right. maybe I will ad some dirt from canon..

3) This what you wrote, said three my friends, but when they see it live, thay said it´s ok... Maybe photoeffect...

But thak you really much for yours notes. :-)

Edited by Honza K.

1) navigation light on vertical stabilizer should be red on left side and right side too... I must remake it...

2) I have some photos where is this part of plane clean... but you are right. maybe I will ad some dirt from canon..

3) This what you wrote, said three my friends, but when they see it live, thay said it´s ok... Maybe photoeffect...

1) Duh! I knew something was wrong with that light, so I jumped to the wrong conclusion, mostly because I made a blue navigation light on my last Tomcat which should have been green.

2) I think the soot from cannon fire would look really cool, but make it subtle. Most overdo this too dark.

3) Sometimes close-up photography creates longer shadows making bumps seem larger than they really are. You are probably right.

I'm really looking forward to your Tomcat- and anything else you build!

WELL. I have to say. As a depiction of the real aircraft. You have done more than an outstanding effort. I have waited to paint my 1/32 trump vfa-103 which is completely ready for some primer and the fun part of the modeling process. I will be more than happy if mine is 50% as good as what you have done. BIG DEAL on the lights and blow back marks. This work is so fantastic all people should be saying is OMG i hope mine will look 50% as good as this. I have 200 plus photos of the superhornets and i would say that there is about 10% of them that would show this detail. This is flat out fantastic work and a master piece of art. The critics while constructive at times should relise THIS IS A MODEL of the Real thing. ENJOY all the first place wins you will receive from you incredible work. And for the other critics out there. Loooooooooove to see how your work holds up compared to this work.

Truly outstanding work. I thank god you dont live in South Austalia Adelaide FOR THIS YEARS COMPS. LOL

All the best with the tomcat i will be watching (have a 50% trump f-14 B-VF-103 WANTING ATTENTION.)

EMTOM

Beautiful work Honza (as usual ;) )

I don't know enough about the Super Hornet to comment on the degree of dirt you've depicted (it sure does look mighty dirty...... :blink: ) but there is no doubting your finesse as a modeller. :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to share such a gorgeous model.

WELL. I have to say. As a depiction of the real aircraft. You have done more than an outstanding effort. I have waited to paint my 1/32 trump vfa-103 which is completely ready for some primer and the fun part of the modeling process. I will be more than happy if mine is 50% as good as what you have done. BIG DEAL on the lights and blow back marks. This work is so fantastic all people should be saying is OMG i hope mine will look 50% as good as this. I have 200 plus photos of the superhornets and i would say that there is about 10% of them that would show this detail. This is flat out fantastic work and a master piece of art. The critics while constructive at times should relise THIS IS A MODEL of the Real thing. ENJOY all the first place wins you will receive from you incredible work. And for the other critics out there. Loooooooooove to see how your work holds up compared to this work.

{~snip~}

EMTOM

Hello EMTOM, you do realise that this is posted in the "Critique Corner" and not "The Display Case" do you?

I feel it fair to point out that the whole idea behind posting a model in this particular forum is to receive criticism.

Also, I re-read folks comments and could n't actually find any real criticism as such. There were a couple of observations regarding some aspects of the model but Honza offered explanations and the points were conceded.

I'm sorry to labour the point here but comments like yours only serve to dissaude folk from posting constructive feedback.

If the observations had been added to a model in the Display case then I could see your argument but given the guidelines for posting here, I think you're off base in your remarks bro.

Also, FWIW, look up some of the builds made by the modeller you are referring to in your reply. I think you'll find he's quite qualified to pass comment. :coolio:

Cheers

:cheers:

I have 200 plus photos of the superhornets and i would say that there is about 10% of them that would show this detail. This is flat out fantastic work and a master piece of art. The critics while constructive at times should relise THIS IS A MODEL of the Real thing. ENJOY all the first place wins you will receive from you incredible work. And for the other critics out there. Loooooooooove to see how your work holds up compared to this work.

EMTOM

Having documented VFA-103's F-18F's personally since their inception, Honza's model is dead on in terms of the weathering, but this is critique corner and modelers are allowed to offer constructive criticism here. As stated above by geedubelyer, it is fair to point out mistakes and the nav light on the right tail should be red as it was pointed out.

+10

I'm all for being positive and making comments in a constructive way, but when I post something in the critique corner it's because I'm seeking criticism in order to improve my technique.

Beautiful work Honza (as usual ;) )

I don't know enough about the Super Hornet to comment on the degree of dirt you've depicted (it sure does look mighty dirty...... :blink: ) but there is no doubting your finesse as a modeller. :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to share such a gorgeous model.

Hello EMTOM, you do realise that this is posted in the "Critique Corner" and not "The Display Case" do you?

I feel it fair to point out that the whole idea behind posting a model in this particular forum is to receive criticism.

Also, I re-read folks comments and could n't actually find any real criticism as such. There were a couple of observations regarding some aspects of the model but Honza offered explanations and the points were conceded.

I'm sorry to labour the point here but comments like yours only serve to dissaude folk from posting constructive feedback.

If the observations had been added to a model in the Display case then I could see your argument but given the guidelines for posting here, I think you're off base in your remarks bro.

Also, FWIW, look up some of the builds made by the modeller you are referring to in your reply. I think you'll find he's quite qualified to pass comment. :coolio:

Cheers

:cheers: