My first multi build

Hi all gents,

this is my next project(s) , acouple of AML Mirage IIIs.

For now I made small progress because I had sand a lot to adapt the resin pit and NLG bay , and this is only the first of the two model... :unsure:

First the box pics

immagine020e.jpg[/url][/img]

The model so far

immagine017e.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine013n.jpg[/url][/img]

i started sansing the wings to accomodate the MLG bays

immagine015gs.jpg[/url][/img]

I want to make a Six Day War NMF bird, certainly Shahak 45 , the 117 Squadron plane with is peculiar kill markings used by Aven-Nir to shot down a Lebanese Hunter followed 24 hours later by Iraqi Hunter and a MiG-21 shot down by Yehuda Koren.My link

The other plane will probably

the YKW camouflaged Shahak 07 of the 101 Squadron My link.I choose the latter in order to differentiate the squadron markings,the camo,the load out ( 101 Sq. preferred the Aim-9D as IR missile of choice instead of the locally Shafrir ) and the tail; in fact the planes had been equipped with the updated Atar 9C engine with its shorter exhaust.

To realize this small conversion came to my rescue my dear friend Bad Edd that I will never cease to thank, who sent me a series of resin goodies including the shorter tail and exhaust

immagine022w.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for now,stay tuned for future progress.

:cheers: Gianni

o

Gianni,

nice to see this model on your workbench. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to build this but it was not available here in Hungary.

Great details on the resin parts.

How is the resin?Is it rigid or just easy to work with?

Regards,Laz

Thanks all guys,I think your support for these builds will be more important than ever:assembly is quite troublesome with poor fit in anywhere (I think these models will be much in the loooooooooong run). :(

Eri , I'm sorry but I can see the image normally...

Tripio the resin part are top notch and in same case very fragile like in the MLG bays ( I broke both the example in my kits) and I'm surprised that you can't find these models in your Country; I boght mine on-line , onr from EBay and the other on my abitual on-line shop My link.

I'm still sanding the internal face of the wings, when I have made ​​some noteworthy progress publish photos

Hi Gianni,

we will support you,I promise. :thumbsup:

The problem was that I did not want to order it...I had some bad experiences with the company who was able to purchase the kit and I did not want to risk or did not want to wait too long.The delivery time was about 8-10 weeks...from the next country...it's just a bad joke...are we living in the 15th century or what?No,no,thanks.

I am sure that it will be available in our local hobby show soon.I will purchase it then...but it depends on your build,so please,back to the workbench. :coolio:

Regards,Laz

Hi guys and thanks for your support;

Uncle an Eri,I'm sorry for your inability to see the pics.

Laz, here are the pictures of the current state of work.

A general view

immagine282.jpg[/url][/img]

The truth is that this kit there aren't two parts that fit ... This is for example the wings:the black line represents the initial margin of plastic and as you can see I have sanded a lot of material ...

immagine285.jpg[/url][/img]

...but the result is still a bad fit, and then I'll have to remove other materials and this discourages me a little

immagine283n.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine284d.jpg[/url][/img]

At the same time I started to detail the cockpit, particularly the sidewall and the bulkhead...

immagine277.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine278.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine279x.jpg[/url][/img]

...and started to wiring the wheel bays.In reality during the sanding I have practically destroyed the NLG bay ceiling so I had to rebuild everything with Magic Sculpt and plasticard

immagine274l.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine276g.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine273z.jpg[/url][/img]

To complicate matters further, the fuselage is shorter 1 mm on the nose and 3 mm in the tail as explained in this article by Edd Bad My link

I still do not understand why don't exist a good Mirage III/5/50 family plastic kits...

For today is all I hope to show some noteworthy progress in the coming days.

Agreed.

Gianni,don't give up,my friend.

There are a lot of models with this kind of horrible fitting issues.

I've grown up on the KP models (Kovozávody Prostéjov if I remember well).

At the end they moved to my shelf finished...Those were the days...8)

Keep the pictures coming.

Regards,Laz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laz!

No great progress;I'm still on puttyng and sanding stage ... :unsure:

immagine307.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine308.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine309n.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine310.jpg[/url][/img]

...and this is repeated for two!

Also, like everyone, I'm busy on other projects.

I had said, this will be a long-term build! :woot.gif:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all my friends;

I decided to show the current state of my Mirages.At this moment I'm engaged in that construction's stage which seems to never progress, but to perform only a filler, sand and rescribing routine and then all over again. :tumble:

But at least the wings are in position,but only after an extended rescribing of almost all the wing panel lines particularly on the belly!

immagine321.jpg[/url][/img]

As I said before the fuselage is 3mm too short so I inserted a plasticard plague to restore the correct lenght...

immagine323.jpg[/url][/img]

...and despite the camera distortion the fuselage lenght look more correct if confronted with the scale drawings.

immagine325w.jpg[/url][/img]

Next step the air inatkes; as you can see from a preliminary dry fit you create a step of at least 1mm

immagine315.jpg[/url][/img]

But after a sanding session in the internal face of both the air duct and the splitter plate the fit is more simple

immagine313.jpg[/url][/img]

to avert a possible tailsitter (mainly because of the resin tails) I dug with a cutter mounted on the mini drill

botthe nose cones and inserted a ballast consists of fishing sinkers

immagine311.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine326.jpg[/url][/img]

And that's all for now guys, I hope to come back with more interesting progress as soon is possible!

Aggressor and frenk thanks for your support.frenk I can't wait to see your Tzniut;I have in my spare box the Tashbetz and tha Tarmil noses for future builds maybe on a High Planes/PJ Production new injected plastic line's bases... :whistle:

Hey Gianni,

there is no problem with your progress,it's quite OK.

Once these Mirages will be the jewels of great worth on your shelf.

Keep us update. :thumbsup:

Regards,Laz

Laz,Janne and J.C., thanks all for your support and kindness.

Looking good Gianni! :thumbsup:

Plastic intakes? I've got several of those AML Mirages and mine all have resin intakes.

I think that you have the first batch production ,with resin intake and the tail fin integral with the fuselage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all guys,after long time I'm here with small progress.

First, I've inserted a 3mm plasticard plague and glued the tail cones.

pa090016.jpg[/url][/img]

pa090017.jpg[/url][/img]

When the glue dryed, I filled the resultant big gap with some 0,13 mm plasticard strip glued one after the other almost to reach the level of the external fuselage. The rest will be raised to level with the help of the Magic Sculp

Same treatment as the tail for the noses.

pa090018.jpg[/url][/img]

The air intakes filled and sanded with CA glue;thanks to the hard consistency of the dryed CA glue,I rescribed the lost panels with more ease than I did with the classic putty.

pa090019.jpg[/url][/img]

pa090020.jpg[/url][/img]

And a general view.

pa090015.jpg[/url][/img]

Finally I added a pair of metal pin for a more strong assembly between fin and fuselage but as you can see, once again, the fit leaves much to be desired... <_<

pa090022.jpg[/url][/img]

pa090023.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all, next battle the mobile surfaces; like always criticism and suggestion are welcome!