Red Green tips on modeling

It's not too often you hear scale modeling mentioned on TV. So I'm watching the 1993 Season of Red Green and in the episode "The Tanks We Get", during the Handyman Corner segment, Red shows us

"a few things you can do with your clothes dryer during the 3 or 4 month hiatus between laundry days. I'm sure alot of our viewers make the model planes, and ya get to paintin' them up with that special lacquer on there, that looks so good, but its very very hard on the uh eyes and so on. Wouldn't it be nice to have a nice place to dry those in? Well I suggest, what you do is take the spin drum outta your dryer, put some shelves in there, and you can just lay the planes in there real nice. You got the heat, its dust free, and it'll take the fumes and push 'em right outside into your neighbors yard. So I suggest you set the control on uh delicate, and uh run 'er for about an hour!"

<opens dryer door, model parts come falling out>

"Well that is interesting, cuz I had specifically asked Harold to uh remove the spinning drum, but well, he's either forgotten or maybe he got too busy simonizing his head. So what we're looking at here is uhhh 3 years of model building down the tubes! Well-- I'm glad they weren't mine!"

Not sure if it has the same humor to it reading it as it does watching it, but found it interesting/funny that our hobby got mention on a tv show! Love the last line! Not sure how many of you are familiar with Red Green, but I imagine many of you are. Remember, if the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy!

Edited by blunce

LOL!

Of course, model-building has turned me into a home-improvement god! I've spent the last four weeks prepping my bedroom for painting. . .fill, sand, mask . . . sound familiar? First coat applied today, and all that surface prep was well worth it!

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Edited by Old Blind Dog

Hilarious.

So PBS is the channel? Any particular day or time? Have to dvr this.

Yeah, the third link up there lists what channels it's played on based on your location. But yeah, PBS

LOL!

Of course, model-building has turned me into a home-improvement god! I've spent the last four weeks prepping my bedroom for painting. . .fill, sand, mask . . . sound familiar? First coat applied today, and all that surface prep was well worth it!

cheers

Old Blind Dog

hey OBD, don't forget to save your foam brush handles!