Does anyone work on the B-2 bomber on the forum?

Hi Guys, I am working on my other master projects, and I have some people talking to me about doing a vacuform b-2 in 1/48. Is there anyone with the line drawings out there, or a who works on the b-2 that still has their training manuel on the b-2. I see them up on ebay every so often but they can go for alot. I have gotton one or the kc-135r thaat i am using to do one in 48scale eventually. Is there anyone who can assist me. lmk, Erik

Also I am going back to college to get an associates degree in cad, so it can lead to 1/72 aftermarket.

Edited by Erik Bultz

Not sure what you're seeing on eBay, but I'm about 98.8% sure all that stuff on the B-2 is still classified. I'm not saying classified material has never showed up on eBay, but if you're a US citizen, possession of something that's still legitimately classified is a crime.

I have seen a training manuel once on ebay. i know the guy who won it, but not sure if he'll lone it to me. he is a historian, who collects alot of the same stuff that I do, Flight test, Stealth, ETC... The fron't of the manuel was stamped declassified.

Manuel is a guy, a manual is a book :)

Just because somebody put a stamp in the front of it doesn't *necessarily* mean it's true.... I'd be very surprised if any precise dimensional data was declassified on the B-2.

It would be highly unlikely that dimentional data on any operatoinal aircraft would be declassified, especially any aircraft that involves stealth technology where the shape is as important as the material the aircraft is made of. I would be extremely careful dealing with sensitive publications, it's a great way to end up in a very small room for a very long time. As the holder of a top secret clearance during my military career, I personally wouldn't touch anything like this with a proverbial 10 foot pole. But that's just me!

As for any personnel that currently work on the B-2, B-1 or other frontline aircraft, they are really not even allowed to state that they do. The obligatory" I can niether confirm nor deny" statement is the parry line, or at least that's what we were told to say.

Edited by Expat Tomcat

When I worked in the SR-71 program in the '60s & '70s, we were told that the Public Affairs folks could release whatever information on the aircraft that they deemed appropriate. We were not allowed to even admit to being part of the program, let alone confirm or deny any specific information. If anyone currently involved in the B-1 or B-2 program, or any other for that matter, were to publicly release information, they would probably be in serious trouble.

A better way for Eric to approach this problem would be to get the Testors 1/72 model and scale up the dimensions to 1/48. While not perfect, it would probably be pretty close.

Darwin

FWIW, the last time I had any classified material in my posession, which I had forgotten I had, it was politely but firmly requested that it be returned by hand to the nearest appropriate location.

Most classified documents as I understand it have individual serial markings or other ID features, so that their whereabouts can be tracked. I had to sign for my stuff when I got it, so after I didn't need it anymore, those in the know were rather anxious when it wasn't signed back in.

As it happens, it was innocent enough material, which had got packed with a lot of my own books etc as it was rather small.

So I'd either be pretty dubious about authenticity or very reluctant to have my fingerprints on it.

Besides, accuracy is as accuracy does, a good percentage of published dimensions for a whole bunch of aircraft are wrong for a number of reasons, you only have to trawl through published 3-views of aircraft to see differences. If you make a model as accurate as you can within the confines of whatever information is available, thats as good as it gets without crawling over the original with a tape measure.

At my college, they lose their mind if you leave with a reference book, I could not imagine the military looking too kindly towards classified materiel on ebay. Consider the F-14 parts fiasco that occurred a few years back.

I sincerely doubt that anything having to do with a front-line aircraft, that utilizes stealth technology has been declassified. In fact, most of that type of stuff wouldn't even be considered for declassification for 25 years after the aircraft is no longer in the US inventory. I held a top-secret with SIOP access and wasn't even allowed to speak about my level of access, let alone what I saw and did for many years after I left the USAF. When dealing with this type of information, one needs to be very careful, as even asking about it can cause an inquiry into your personal life and affiliations. I also know for a fact that supposedly declassified documents and equipment have wound up on eBay and other sources, however that does not mean that they are actually declassified. Possession of these types of items could be a crime whether you are aware of it or not.

Rick

Hi Guys, I am working on my other master projects, and I have some people talking to me about doing a vacuform b-2 in 1/48. Is there anyone with the line drawings out there, or a who works on the b-2 that still has their training manuel on the b-2. I see them up on ebay every so often but they can go for alot. I have gotton one or the kc-135r thaat i am using to do one in 48scale eventually. Is there anyone who can assist me. lmk, Erik

Also I am going back to college to get an associates degree in cad, so it can lead to 1/72 aftermarket.

Hi Erik

so I guess there is something. Look over to the company Authentic decals. I also have a kit from the company Testors B-2 are at my house.:whistle:

Look at my past comments have been something written about the B-2 ...

If you need help can sign up quietly. :rolleyes:

Best regards :salute:

Chris

If it's on Evil Bay and marked declassified and it's a manual on the B-2 at best I'd say it's BOGUS!!!, and has had few inquiries from some folks that take it's content very, very seriously. Even if it's bogus it has drawn so very much undesired attention. There's still a lot on the SR that's classified, and it's been retired since the 90's.