Austrian Millenium J-35OE

Since I'm on a roll, I never posted pics of my completed Austrian Millennium J-35. This is straight OOB with no additions. You'll notice the fuel tanks are not present - they had, uh, problems in the paint shop. Also managed to lose the pitot tube after I finished building, so that's a write-off. Feel free to comment.

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Thanks again gents. The tanks need to be stripped and repainted, when? Who knows. I'm quite happy with the paint job and the overall finish of the plane - it was a pleasure to build something that didn't need a ton of putty or surgery.

Great looking model, brilliant paint work :thumbsup:

How did you treat the large decal on top? I have the Austrian Draken in my stash, but so far i couldn't rack up the nerves to start it - this decal gives me headaches every time i think about it.

Regards

frequent_flyer

I did cut the decal in pieces where I could hide the seams. After I finished, I had only one or two touchups - after I dullcoated the plane you couldn't even see them.

Fantastic job on the colourscheme !

In case anyone wonders what the writing means, it's the first written mention of Austria.

In 996 emperor Otto III wrote a letter granting land to the bishopric of Freising regione vulgari vocabulo Ostarrichi or "an area commonly known as Ostarrichi".

As this was the first written mention Austria had it's 1000th anniversary in 1996 and painted the jet accordingly.

The script is taken from the actual document which still exists:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/Ostarrichi.jpg

http://archives.obs-us.com/obs/english/fbf/pics/oes2.gif

Maybe useful for the next quiz night down the local pub :D

Seriously though, great jet !