1/9th / 200mm SAS Trooper Iraq 2006

I sort of ran out of modelling steam, I have a store room full of kits and a passion for 200mm figures, this one I bought a month or so ago was just crying out for me to do.......so

It might seem an odd way to do these things, but I paint the bits first so I can get behind the arms etc painted and add as I go along, at the moment there are still a few parts not fitted, such as his NVG googles, mike boom, various wires, gun harness etc, you will note his trousers are not painted yet either, I am working down the torso in stages, then when done will tweak anything needed etc and add gloss to the eyes and his red light.

Hope you like, painted in Vallejo with a hairy stick over a rattle can of car primer. Trying to give him a slightly dusty look as seen in images of them operating in theater.

Sorry for the not so great images, but

Enjoy :)

sasiraq2006.jpg

sasiraq.jpg

sasiraq2006top.jpg

sasiraq2006rear.jpg

Edited by TonyT

I sort of ran out of modelling steam, I have a store room full of kits and a passion for 200mm figures, this one I bought a month or so ago was just crying out for me to do.......so

It might seem an odd way to do these things, but I paint the bits first so I can get behind the arms etc painted and add as I go along, at the moment there are still a few parts not fitted, such as his NVG googles, mike boom, various wires, gun harness etc, you will note his trousers are not painted yet either, I am working down the torso in stages, then when done will tweak anything needed etc and add gloss to the eyes and his red light.

Hope you like, painted in Vallejo with a hairy stick over a rattle can of car primer. Trying to give him a slightly dusty look as seen in images of them operating in theater.

Sorry for the not so great images, but

Enjoy :)

sasiraq2006.jpg

sasiraq.jpg

sasiraq2006top.jpg

sasiraq2006rear.jpg

Wow, that is a great job! Usually not a big fan of figures but I really like this one. Great painting skills.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update :)

SASnew.jpg

Outstanding work... That looks awesome. Just out of curiosity, what are those rigs on either side of the NVG mount on the helmet? Never seen them before, looks very sci-fi.

John

what are those rigs on either side of the NVG mount on the helmet?

John

Borg implants

thats what makes the SAS so badass, they have cool stuff from the future

Wow...looks awsome. Love your build, especially the 'future-stuff' on the helmet makes it a real SAS-member. Where did you get the info how they look like now a days (since it's all quite classified)

Cheers, Daan

Wow...looks awsome. Love your build, especially the 'future-stuff' on the helmet makes it a real SAS-member. Where did you get the info how they look like now a days (since it's all quite classified)

Cheers, Daan

Thanks evberyone for the kind comments, it is finished now, will post it in critique gallery Shortly.

Daan,

The model is this one

http://www.120mini.com/index.php?p=1_27

The figure wears the US Tri-Colour ACU uniform, over this he wears the RAV armoured vest and a MICH helmet. He is armed with the Canadian C8 carbine fitted with an Eotech sight and a AN PEQ2 Laser, On his chest is a Sig Sauer Pistol.He wears Oakley tactical gloves and Llowa boots. There are various pouches containing pistol and carbine magazines, first aid kit, Grenades etc. He wears a safety lanyard and belt. He has a Peltor communication set up with boom mic. and headphones. The figure can be assembled wearing the PVS 21 night vision equipment or without. This figure has been extensively researched to give an accurate depiction of a trooper in Iraq.

There are various sites if you google each equipment part, but the photo that comes with the kit is this one

http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/gallery/uksf/british-sas.jpg

from

http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/uksf-misc/sas-iraq-2.php

though i have tweaked the odd bit, like the gun camo to reflect similar to this one

http://www.eliteukforces.info/gallery/uksf-misc/sfsg-iraq.php

hope it helps, I may add a Union Jack to his arm too.