1969 Chevy Malibu (Chevelle)

Chevellekitbox.jpg

First step is to remove the cowl induction humps on the hood to make it he Malibu version. I also picked an AM engine for the 307 small block since the kit has a big block.

I have the perfect reference material for this build......sitting in the garage.

Malibu-02.jpg

engine-04.jpg

Edited by drhornii
  • 2 weeks later...

Having to "de-tune" the kit, I needed to remove the cowl induction humps from the hood. Also added were PE vent hood grilles.

Started the grinding. Trace lines of optional cutout for hood scoop or blower which was filled from the underside since it broke through in some areas.

hood-01.jpg

Humps gone

hood-02.jpg

Adde vent grilles and re-primered

hood-03.jpg

Edited by drhornii
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh goodness I Nearly MISSED this one..I was busy watching another Rally car being built.. :whistle:

Theis Chevy is going to look amazing.... Looking good so far..Like the model and the CAR too..

Classic... :worship:

"I gotta 69 Chevy with a 396, fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor" Always liked the way Malibus looked. Were one of our favorite cars to buy. You could modify them relativly cheaply, load 'em up with friends, really turn heads. The Chevy/Corvette Rally wheels always looked good, preferred them over mags. Excellent results!!

"I gotta 69 Chevy with a 396, fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor" Always liked the way Malibus looked. Were one of our favorite cars to buy. You could modify them relativly cheaply, load 'em up with friends, really turn heads. The Chevy/Corvette Rally wheels always looked good, preferred them over mags. Excellent results!!

It had 14 x 7 wheels with hub caps, I had to go with the rallies over the mags as well. The Malibu also makes a great "clone car" to turn into a SS.