Using a woman as a human shield isn't exactly "going out guns blazing" ... Once a coward, always a coward ...

"that's not they way we're remembering it" - PR guy B)

Edited by Raymond

An English-speaking Pakistani who lives in the neighborhood of the compound where OBL was hiding seems to have unintentionally liveblogged the entire raid on Twitter (without really knowing what was going on for most of it):

https://twitter.com/ReallyVirtual

"Uh oh, now I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it."

Set to become a classic quote..

Tom

I think the reason I'm so 'meh' is the Saddam capture set the LOL bar so freaking high ;)

nothing says "you suck" quite like being pulled out of a hole in a backyard :lol:

Just heard on Fox News Channel that it was Navy Seals that went in and killed that bastard.

Wasn't Navy personnel that killed those Somali pirates in that lifeboat, Captain held hostage. We all know what happened to those pirates. Don't mess with the USA, don't mess with American service members,NAVY,ARMY, AIR FORCE, MARINES, COAST GUARD. They know what they are doing, and they do it VERY WELL. Just ask those Somali pirates, and ask Bin Laden. Oh, I'm sorry, they are all DEAD.

On the face of it, GREAT NEWS!!!! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: However I want undeniable proof a body, DNA, and autopsy..to confirm it is OBL and not a stand in like what Hussein pulled before they caught him in that hole.

Edited by Angels49

However I want undeniable proof a body, DNA, and autopsy..to confirm it is OBL and not a stand in like what Hussein pulled before they caught him in that hole.

The strike team retrieved the body and it was positively ID'ed as Osama by a medical team in Afghanistan. Apparently they made a positive match on his DNA.

He was killed a week ago. But the US wanted to do a thourough DNA before declaring him dead, and it as him. Heard on FOX NEWS CHANNEL just now that the NAVY seals confronted Bin-Laden, asked him to surrender, he said no, so they shot the bastard in the head and appearantly in other parts of the body..... well just to make sure.

Dutch tv just reports that the crashed helicopter may have been flown by supporters of (by now the late) Osama and was downed by US forces.

Cheers,

Andre

I think the reason I'm so 'meh' is the Saddam capture set the LOL bar so freaking high ;)

nothing says "you suck" quite like being pulled out of a hole in a backyard :lol:

Saddam ran from a compound to a hole and was caught, Bin Laden was in a hole and ran to a compound and was caught ... Either way, they are both dead ...

Gregg

I hope the bullets were smeared with pig lard before they were fired, just to make sure he wasn't going to his virgins. This should make for some very interesting TV next season with the new episodes of NCIS and NCIS LA. ;)

Good news, no doubt, but let's not get carried away here. The death of Bin Laden doesn't mean that the threat from Islamic Fundamentalist terrorism has also died. There will be other groups, as well as the remainder of Al-Qua'ida (which is a very de-centralised organisation), who will now be looking for revenge. We'll see an upswing in attacks in Afghanistan, and probably more suicide bomb attacks in the Middle East as well. There's also now a risk that there will be more people who will want to 'take up the cause', both overseas and domestically. Expect more attacks in the near future.

Vince

Two public holidays, a royal wedding and Bin Liner killed, Carlsberg don't do long weekends but.....................

Seriously tho,glad none of the "Good Guy's" were hurt!

I'm with Jennings on this one I think, good news that he's out of the picture, but now he's a martyr, given his life for the cause etc, and to be honest, I'm not sure it'll make a lot of difference here, I wish it were otherwise, but its not, I think back to the many times "key members" of the IRA were either shot or arrested and the press spin that this would be a big blow to the organisation. Not a bit of it, the only thing which slowed down the terrorism over here was politics and money.

Kahn.

KKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was killed a week ago. But the US wanted to do a thourough DNA before declaring him dead, and it as him. Heard on FOX NEWS CHANNEL just now that the NAVY seals confronted Bin-Laden, asked him to surrender, he said no, so they shot the bastard in the head and appearantly in other parts of the body..... well just to make sure.

lol

Nuff said.

But great news! Kudos to the forces that did it, great clean job.