Right ... It's our fault as usual ... Gotcha ... :rolleyes:

Gregg

Stuff more words into my mouth, please.

Before today I thought you were a reasonable minded individual that I could have a discussion with and end up with a respectful difference of opinion. This whole exchange has suggested otherwise.

Way to generalize what I said ...

That's not it at all ...

I'm talking about the groups that pervert the religion to their wants ...

Just like the KKK and other various groups that try to justify their actions and deeds behind Christianity ...

Gregg

All religion is essentially perverse, just like all governments and all terrorist organisations. They all threaten those who wish to operate outside of their sphere of control, especially those who attain high office within them. The methods are different, and the threat changes - it's either burning in Hell, rotting in prison or getting blown up - but the mechanisms are the same. The thing that drives someone to become President is the same thing which drives someone to plan and execute a terrorist attack. They all have a deep-rooted conviction that they are right combined with a desire to control the world, and those within it, to ensure their vision of 'Paradise' is implemented.

The rest of us get born, keep our heads down, and then die - if we're lucky.

Vince

That's just the propaganda that Al-Qu'aida use to recruit individuals, which gets repeated in the mainstream media. It suits all sides, so it doesn't get rebuked by the government. The reality of the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism is quite different and far more complex than 'They Hate Our Freedoms!!!'.

Of course the causes and motivations are more diverse than that, but isn't that what it boils down to in the end?

Who is to say that there won't be 'waves of terrorist attacks' to avenge his death?

Nobody. But I guess had he been taken alive, the probability of attacks to attain his release would've been much higher. No hard evidence for that claim, though.

An Osama who died the martyr's death in a firefight with the infidels (regardless of how it actually played out) they might accept. But an Osama in custody, humiliated by the trial before the world's eyes, they might not.

<...>

I think the way he was buried according to religious law is very stupid. hey the guy didn't respect any,one, he should get none, nor the body.

<...>

No, that wasn't stupid. It points out the differences between "us" and "them" (speaking about Osama and mates). The Taleban paid diddly-squat attention to Islamic burial rites when they went raping and pillaging through Mazar-e-Sharif when they rose to power in Afghanistan. They simply let the bodies lie out on the streets, in crass disregard of burial rites of the very religion they claimed to fight for.

Edited by ChernayaAkula