Gates Learjet 35A - RVHP 1/72

Thank you gents :thumbsup:

Some small progress today. The coming exhibition is next week and time ticks away all too fast...

20111029-Learjet-2%20title.jpg

The air conditionning unit is now connected via 2 wires that run behing de wheels.

20111029-Learjet%20title.jpg

The other end is not yet connected. I still must weather the pipe. Only the + goes through the hose, the - is connected to the outside spring. This allowed me to insert a thick copper T-Wire into the spring, bend it to the required S-shape. Its rigidity holds the spring in position.

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

Thanks Neo and Daan :D

20111030-Learjet%20titre.jpg

The most scary soldering of the entire build: connecting the AC hose to the elctrical wires coming out of the aircraft. I had to word very close to the kit and take absolute care of where the hot iron goes!

20111030-Learjet-2%20titre.jpg

The wires go from the aircraft to the generator, enter from the bottom and exit again through the wheels. All parts of the display are glued and small plugs ensure a stable position.

20111030-Learjet-3%20titre.jpg

Then comes the soldering of the wires to the battery plugs. The insulation is ensured by thermo sleeves.

20111030-Learjet-5%20titre.jpg

Consumption test: 143mA at 8.27V. The LiPo battery will last for ever... :-)

20111030-Learjet-7%20titre.jpg

I glued the PCB to the bottom and added a small switch I can access from outside. A Velcro strap secures the battery.

Time to close up the box...

The pictures of the other side will come tomorrow only ;) Just one to tease you...

20111030-Learjet-24%20titre.jpg

The build is F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D! From 17 February to 30 October 2011 : nine monts are a new speed record!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...