Gates Learjet 35A - RVHP 1/72

Thanks Alex :)

20110507_learjet_119-2.jpg

Turning a brass sensor on my watchmaker lathe.

20110507_learjet_119-4.jpg

I cut out from a 0.25mm thick brass sheet those two fences for the vertical stabiliser. As the glue seam will be very fragile I made small reinforcing pins.

20110507_learjet_119-3.jpg

The new parts assembled. I corrected the panel lines and added the many inspection panels.

20110508_learjet_121-3.jpg

After the paint job: two layers of heavily thinned Mr.Surfacer 1200 - wet sanding with 4000 and two layers of Tamiya XF-19.

20110508_learjet_121-6.jpg

I added the trim rod.

20110508_learjet_121-8.jpg

The glass parts are still masked. Missing for the time being are the stabiliser tabs and the many static dischargers.

This is magnificent. I should've figured you were a watchmaker. Only a watchmaker can do this type of work. Guys like you are the reason that 1/72 is superior. You make the rest of us look good!

Wow Pierre. "Madman" is a justly earned title. Impressive work yet again. Even more so being that its in 1/72. Whats next? Lighting a 1/144 kit?

Regards,

Jeff

Experimentations are running full speed...

20110512_learjet_123.jpg

I connected the tail beacon to the circuit, changed a couple of resistors to have more power at the LEDs, tried various capacitors, etc

20110512_learjet_123-3.jpg

In low light the effect is awesome :D Watch the video below!

http://youtu.be/5sWEfvAtdwQ

El Learjet passa :roll:

I swear one of these days Pierre you are not only going to be able to light up an entire aircraft but I bet you will manage to even be able to place full turning engines and fly these things off of your workbench. Just amazing work. Other than what I have said I am at a loss of words! Thanks for showing!

Jeremy