I wonder what "reproduced one-piece fuselage" means?

Gene K

I don't know but I'm eager to find out. I'm curious about the multi-color bit too.

Once they shrink it to 1/72 I'll be in the market for half a case at least.

I don't know but I'm eager to find out. I'm curious about the multi-color bit too.

Once they shrink it to 1/72 I'll be in the market for half a case at least.

It looks like they're going the old Matchbox route of having different colored sprues in an approximation of what the real color would be. I find that odd, since most of the people buying this kit will, I assume, be more advanced modelers who are going to paint it anyway. The multi-colored gimmicky thing is for beginner modelers...or the lazy amongst us. Hey, maybe I WILL like the multi-colored parts!

Edited by Darren Roberts

lol, I just had the image of a bunch of models sprayed with clear only,,,,,,to get the decals to stick

and another bunch at contests, with the "decals peeling off" because the builders skipped painting entirely

Darren, maybe you could adapt your masks to print multi colors on them,,,,,,,,and bring back the "stickers" of the old days??

Just a thought,,,,,,you know I am always trying to help

It looks like they're going the old Matchbox route of having different colored sprues in an approximation of what the real color would be. I find that odd, since most of the people buying this kit will, I assume, be more advanced modelers who are going to paint it anyway. The multi-colored gimmicky thing is for beginner modelers...or the lazy amongst us. Hey, maybe I WILL like the multi-colored parts!

I was wondering if they went the route of several colors on the same sprue like they do with the high-end gundams, not that I'm throwing my airbrush away any time soon.

Isn't Tamiya supposed to have one in the works or done and just ready to pop out? Could it be that their was one tooling done and people just claimed it was Tamiya? Either way, I'm not selling my Hase F-4b's yet!

first the 1/72 was announced, then the 1/48, both were Academy

the "Tamiya" rumor is I believe people that have mixed up the 1/48 Academy release

it does appear that the 1/48 kit will beat the 1/72 kit to the market

Isn't Tamiya supposed to have one in the works or done and just ready to pop out? Could it be that their was one tooling done and people just claimed it was Tamiya? Either way, I'm not selling my Hase F-4b's yet!

I have a friend who is well connected in the hobby industry in the orient who is certain Tamiya has a F-4B kit already developed. I have given him grief as he told me the release date was earlier in the year, which has come and gone.

He is sticking to his guns though, he says the kit is done and ready for release. He has shown me at least three kits in their test shot form and has informed me of several other releases all well before they were announced (including some currently in the works). He is connected to the industry and is very reliable.

I can explain how he knows but it is rather complicated but it involves two well known hobby companies who were working together on the same project (an F-4B), one of their employees left the company and moved to Tamiya with all their F-4B research. That person is now boasting. First the Tsuanami delayed the release and then the information leak delayed the release. Tamiya was very upset any news was leaked at all.

But I have yet to see the release I have been waiting all year for. I am on the fence in regards to it now but I am still hopeful that this all pans out.

The 1/48th McDD F-4B Phantom II announced by Academy (ref.12232) should be out for the third quarter of 2012.

Source Academy news: http://www.academy.co.kr/eng/6q/frmBoardView.asp?pMenuId=BOARD00012&pCode=4918

2012_34_new_eng_01_big.jpg

V.P.

Very Interesting as Arte Johnson's German guy would say>I am waiting on that kit followed by a F-4C/D or an F-110A Spectre, F-4B based kit. Or even decals for an F-110A. I want Tamiya to issue one also.

Just out of curiosity, what if Tamiya had this planned and for some reason, Academy took it over? The reason I ask is the reference to the "one piece fuselage". That sounds an awful lot like what Tamiya has in their 1/32 scale Phantoms. Maybe they were going to scale down the kit and add thin wings and other parts to make it a B? Another rambling thought I had was if the thin wings will fit on the Hasegawa RF-4B kit so you can have a thin wing RF?

Just out of curiosity, what if Tamiya had this planned and for some reason, Academy took it over? The reason I ask is the reference to the "one piece fuselage". That sounds an awful lot like what Tamiya has in their 1/32 scale Phantoms. Maybe they were going to scale down the kit and add thin wings and other parts to make it a B? Another rambling thought I had was if the thin wings will fit on the Hasegawa RF-4B kit so you can have a thin wing RF?

Academy and Tamiya have never worked together from what I know , but I like your thinking.

Just out of curiosity, what if Tamiya had this planned and for some reason, Academy took it over?

Absolutely not, no way, no how, ain't never gonna happen, and didn't happen in this case. No more so than if Chevy designed the Mistang and Ford took it over. I'll join Rush in Costa Rica if that turns out to be the case.

Absolutely not, no way, no how, ain't never gonna happen, and didn't happen in this case. No more so than if Chevy designed the Mistang and Ford took it over. I'll join Rush in Costa Rica if that turns out to be the case.

I agree, but I like his theory.

My friend is adamant that Tamiya has produced it. I am no longer holding my breath. I am hopeful even the Academy kit is good. A1/48 F-4B is long overdie, it is the most colorful of all Phantoms.

I have a friend who is well connected in the hobby industry in the orient who is certain Tamiya has a F-4B kit already developed. I have given him grief as he told me the release date was earlier in the year, which has come and gone.

He is sticking to his guns though, he says the kit is done and ready for release. He has shown me at least three kits in their test shot form and has informed me of several other releases all well before they were announced (including some currently in the works). He is connected to the industry and is very reliable.

I can explain how he knows but it is rather complicated but it involves two well known hobby companies who were working together on the same project (an F-4B), one of their employees left the company and moved to Tamiya with all their F-4B research. That person is now boasting. First the Tsuanami delayed the release and then the information leak delayed the release. Tamiya was very upset any news was leaked at all.

But I have yet to see the release I have been waiting all year for. I am on the fence in regards to it now but I am still hopeful that this all pans out.

Didn't we all go through this already with the awesome long awaited for announcement from Tamiya America that turned out to be nothing? Didn't the insider secret squirrel people tied to the industry predict big things then as well? Maybe it is a Hasegawa reboxing?

If it's in an Academy box, Tamiya had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Why not? Why is it so out of the question that tamiya and academy collaborated on this?

Why not? Why is it so out of the question that tamiya and academy collaborated on this?

Because that would be akin to Boeing designing the next Sukhoi fighter.

Cheers,

Andre

like others, i just don't think it is... BUT

unless others, i wouldn't be soooooo sure...

as Tamiya have a long history reboxing Italeri kits for the Japanese market... this means that, at least, Tamiya talks ways much to other plastic model companies.... than to any forum member here...

Edited by mingwin