Help Remembering An Old Kit

Back in the early 80's I bought a helicopter kit that I've never seen since, not even any photos on the net, and can't remember who made it. I want to say that it was made by Revell, but I'm not sure. Here's what I can remember, it was about 1/32 scale, it was a UH-1D/H, it was supposed to be a rescue helicopter because I remember the picture on the box showed a white fuselage and vaguely remember rescue decals on it, and it was electronic with internal lighting as part of the kit using LED's. There was a round, clear frosted radar screen on the pedestal that was lit from behind with a green LED, a beacon on top of the engine cowl with a red LED, and it had an electric motor to turn the main rotor. The switch had a long, thin metal rod attached to it that exited from where the tail stinger would be. You pulled the the rod and the lights would come on and I think if you rotated the rod, the rotor would then turn. I think there were 1 or 2 more LED's installed but I can't remember where they were located. I said I thought it was made by Revell because I remember it being very similar to their UH-1 kit but molded in white and no weapons included. I was just wondering if anyone else ever had one of these or remember seeing one back then. Thanks for any help.

Gus

Edited by goose814

Back in the early 80's I bought a helicopter kit that I've never seen since, not even any photos on the net, and can't remember who made it. I want to say that it was made by Revell, but I'm not sure. Here's what I can remember, it was about 1/32 scale, it was a UH-1D/H, it was supposed to be a rescue helicopter because I remember the picture on the box showed a white fuselage and vaguely remember rescue decals on it, and it was electronic with internal lighting as part of the kit using LED's. There was a round, clear frosted radar screen on the pedestal that was lit from behind with a green LED, a beacon on top of the engine cowl with a red LED, and it had an electric motor to turn the main rotor. The switch had a long, thin metal rod attached to it that exited from where the tail stinger would be. You pulled the the rod and the lights would come on and I think if you rotated the rod, the rotor would then turn. I think there were 1 or 2 more LED's installed but I can't remember where they were located. I said I thought it was made by Revell because I remember it being very similar to their UH-1 kit but molded in white and no weapons included. I was just wondering if anyone else ever had one of these or remember seeing one back then. Thanks for any help.

Gus

Gus

This sounds a lot like the Monogram Phantom Huey in 1/24 but it did not have lights. It did have a motor that turned both rotors hidden in the base with the batteries. I know that Revell Germany did a series of kits where they added electronic boards that had lights and sound to some kits. I know of 2 firetrucks that they did this to I have the Unimog and I vaguely remember the Huey but I never actually saw the kit.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Wow talk about bringing back memories.

I bought that kit and one of the AH-1 back then.

Built that LS&A Huey for my little brother,

He loved it for all of 2 days til it, "had" severe flight control issues and was forced to autorotate from the ceiling...

Oh Well

Salvaged as much as I could and was hopeful to have it added to my AH-1 But no joy...

William G