Revell 1/72 F-16C "Tiger Meet" 2003

• 2 weeks later...

Allright - got one.

Decals (designed by Syhart and "printed in Italy", which I believe indicates Cartograf) look good and are for just one aircraft - the box top 2003 Colorado ANG Tiger bird.

The bomb marks visible in the link above aren't included on the sheet, but these may have been applied at a later date - anyone knows for sure?

All parts from their "Block 50" boxing are included, although the sprue gate on the main fuselage sprue where the pre-Block 15 small horizontal tails reside on some issues (not relevant for a 'C, but maybe someone is hoping to add them to the spares box) has been cut off.

The best news is that the clear sprue is just that - clear, instead of that awful transparant yellow RoG felt necessary in the last few releases of their F-16 tool!

Cheers,

Andre

Cool, finaly the F-16C from Revell hits the shelves again. I was only able to buy the previous version before the went out of production. Now it's collecting time :)

Cool, finaly the F-16C from Revell hits the shelves again. I was only able to buy the previous version before the went out of production. Now it's collecting time :)

I have only one occasion to buy old boxing, and now I will buy 2 maybe three!!

Thanks Andre!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, Andre! :thumbsup:

Good news regarding the canopy!

The decals should have a C or nothing at all behind the serial number on the sheet. In that case they've been printed by Cartograf. If there's a Z behind the serial number, they've been printed by Zanchetti.

Interesting observation from the walk-around you linked to. Have a look at PIC #15. The way the bomb stencils show up in the black stripe, it looks like they're actually decals!

I'd guess that the bomb stencils were applied before she received the Tiger Meet finish.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Thanks for the heads-up, Andre!

Glad to be of help!

The decals should have a C or nothing at all behind the serial number on the sheet. In that case they've been printed by Cartograf. If there's a Z behind the serial number, they've been printed by Zanchetti.

Cartograf it is then - sheetnumber is 04669-0240C.

For 15 euro it's a steal - you'd pay at least€10 for a Cartograf sheet of a similar scheme alone..!

Interesting observation from the walk-around you linked to. Have a look at PIC #15. The way the bomb stencils show up in the black stripe, it looks like they're actually decals!

I'd guess that the bomb stencils were applied before she received the Tiger Meet finish.

I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday - I'm looking at the decals now and there are LGB mission markings as in the pic you linked to included with one of the Tiger decal areas, #21, to go under the port side canopy rail (I was looking for a seperate decal).

However, the JDAM markings in pic 2 continue to elude me at the moment. Perhaps I'll spot them tomorrow... :)

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

I think the missionmarkings were there before and are just stencilled on the aircraft, and probably their thickness showing through the "stickers" from TMOTA '03 :)

I already bought 8 ROG F-16C Block 50/52 and 3 Monogram Block 50/52 and now i ordered 3 more ROG F-16C Block 50/52 Tiger Meet of the Americas.

I guess 14 F-16C and 2 F-16A MLU and 2 F-16B should be enought to build some interresting birds!

The big question is which resin cockpit that fist this kit and if so it could be used for the A or B models?

Not that my modeling skills are noteworthy, but my try to get the aires pit in a surpluss F-16A nose section didn't go well :)The resin pit looked to wide and the nose section was paperthin and started to bulge...

For the F-16C I have, I tried to get a Eduard F-16C set (for Hasegawa) glued in the cockpit, but the instrumentpanel is bigger than the Revell kit's and did need some adjustments... I'm not that far that it sits in the cockpit, but it could make the ejection seat look to straight up because of the pit sitting canted forward in the original cockpit due to the bigger panel.

Greetings.

Edited by Fiddler

Not that my modeling skills are noteworthy, but my try to get the aires pit in a surpluss F-16A nose section didn't go well :)The resin pit looked to wide and the nose section was paperthin and started to bulge...

For the F-16C I have, I tried to get a Eduard F-16C set glued in the cockpit, but the instrumentpanel is bigger than the Revell kit's and did need some adjustments... I'm not that far that it sits in the cockpit, but it could make the ejection seat look to straight up because of the pit sitting canted forward in the original cockpit due to the bigger panel.

Greetings.

Thanks Fiddler, it seems to be alot of surgery then to fit it to the revell kit from ROG.

Thanks Fiddler, it seems to be alot of surgery then to fit it to the revell kit from ROG.

I'm not saying I'm the perfect scalebuilder, maybe it works but my attempt just didn't end up in the way I hoped :)

Maybe if you sand the aires pit a bit smaller without hitting the details on the sidepanels, you might be able to put it in anyway...

And now that we are talking about putting resin in a Revell 1/72nd F-16: Why isn't there a full engine intake for this kit, preferable with integrated gearbays!! ;)

Hi! Good to see this bird again on the market. Big plus for Revell. I hope some of the aftermarket companies will release upgrade set with correct blk 50/52 main wheels and bulged doors. I know there are some big sets including wheels and gear doors but, if you would like to buy only correct wheels and doors there is no option to do that.

And now that we are talking about putting resin in a Revell 1/72nd F-16: Why isn't there a full engine intake for this kit, preferable with integrated gearbays!! ;)

I made my own resin one: http://www.cyberpolleke.nl/2010_09_12/f124.JPG It is based on the original RoG intake and made a more or less seamless one.

Did spent quite a lot of time in sansing, filling, sanding, etc.

This one is for the F-16AM (The MLU version).

an intake would be great. I'd like to build one without a cover on it.

Nice that it is released again, still i'll wait to see what the future DML/CH Viper looks like before i buy more RoG (i have a few in the closet still).

• 9 months later...

Okay...

Drpepper, have you thought about selling the bulged landing gear dors for the 1/72 RoG F-16C in packs of 3 or 5 sets with a small discount as compared to the single set?

I guess my original statement of 10 sets per pack would be too much for the normal modeler (I do not consider myself to be a normal modeler). :rolleyes: