I am aware of a small number of PM's that have gone missing while in transit and never reached their destination. I do not know the cause of this problem but it did start after the latest upgrade of this program. If you want an item.....I suggest you add a note to the for sale thread for that item and also PM the person and possibly send him an e-mail instead of the PM or as well as a PM.

Currently I'm getting e-mail notifications that 2 or 3 PM's are going missing each day. If the first PM in a conversation goes missing then it appears all PM's in that conversation are doomed. I'm still attempting to see if this is a random thing or a problem when certain members try to PM each other.

As I rarely PM it doesn't affect me much, but could you send me a copy of the errant software? Maybe I can configure it to make my wife's PMS go missing...

If I could do that, then millions of married men wouldn't be doing this.... av-1.gif

;)

After reading this i just noticed all my pm's for the old forums are gone!! wish we had a head up i had some intel i would have taken down before they all when to the trash

After reading this i just noticed all my pm's for the old forums are gone!! wish we had a head up i had some intel i would have taken down before they all when to the trash

All of mine are still there, Neo. :unsure:

Randie

Thanks Randy

It was a major code ID10T from my part i just when to the notification section i didn't notice there was still the message part :whistle:

Currently my working theory is that people are receiving PM notifications by e-mail and they are responding to those e-mails which gets kicked back to my admin e-mail inbox.

People are supposed to log in to their PM inbox and respond to PM's that way.

If this is indeed the root of the problem, then the PM system is fine and it is a case of people not fully understanding the process. I've noticed these PM's being kicked back to my Admin inbox have dropped way down in the past day or so, which makes me think people have figured out the process.

I couldn't figure out why this problem plagued certain members........but if this theory is correct, then it explains why only certain people had this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently my working theory is that people are receiving PM notifications by e-mail and they are responding to those e-mails which gets kicked back to my admin e-mail inbox.

People are supposed to log in to their PM inbox and respond to PM's that way.

If this is indeed the root of the problem, then the PM system is fine and it is a case of people not fully understanding the process. I've noticed these PM's being kicked back to my Admin inbox have dropped way down in the past day or so, which makes me think people have figured out the process.

I couldn't figure out why this problem plagued certain members........but if this theory is correct, then it explains why only certain people had this problem.

I can say i had the same problem today after trying to use the PM function for the first time since the change to the new forum. The system didn't take the PMs.

Stephane.

Edited by Stratospheremodels
  • 4 years later...

Was this problem ever resolved? I have had 2 PM threads do something strange this week. One says I banned from a conversation when the status in the upper right-hand corner says there's a reply that I haven't read. The other says the Conversation has been deleted, but I haven't completed the transaction.