Hi,

Not my usual turf, this part of the forum, but my nephew likes building models and he's also crazy about the 'Halo' game. With his birthday coming up, guess what I'd like to surprise him with ...

Does anyone know if there's anything out there?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Edited by huntermountain

No plastic models, but Mega-Blox (like Legos) has a fairly extensive line of Halo kits. Obviously there are some limitations, but they build up into pretty good representations of the stuff in the game. My son is 10 and he is a Halo nut, so has several of these sets.

Prices range from around $10 for one of the small vehicles up to close to $80-90 for the large space ships.

I always wanted a model of the Pillar of Autumn or one of the frigates like In Amber Clad

The only thing I've seen that wasn't a custom LEGO creation or those megablock sets is this little number right here Pillar of Autumn

Thanks for the replies, guys. I was aware of the Mega Blocks sets, but as he's a lego guy, he's not really a fan of those.

I already googled before posting here, and came up blank. I figured it was worth a try to tap the knowledge of the ARC'ers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I too have wondered for some time now why no model manufacturer has stepped up to produce scale models of things found in the HALO Universe. It would be nice if some of the vehicles were available in the same scale as our other modeling subjects. While I can not get all that excited about the Pillar of Autumn, I must admit a certain fondness for the Warthog vehicles.

I too have wondered for some time now why no model manufacturer has stepped up to produce scale models of things found in the HALO Universe. It would be nice if some of the vehicles were available in the same scale as our other modeling subjects. While I can not get all that excited about the Pillar of Autumn, I must admit a certain fondness for the Warthog vehicles.

The amount of money they'd probably have to pay Microsoft for licensing would be outrageous. I'm betting that's why.

• 10 years later...

Topic Revival! 

Does anyone familiar with the HALO models know of any that are close to or 1/48th scale?  Especially interested in a 1/48th (or close to 1/48th) scale Warthog vehicle.  The few Warthogs that I have found on-line all look interesting but in every one of these the scale has not been provided.  

Not sure if ofthe scale but Revell do a snaptite warthog and Pelican kit/toy not sure if these are what you are looking for 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=halo+snaptite&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=halo+warthog+model+kits&_osacat=0

hope this helps..:)

11 hours ago, warhawk121 said:

Not sure if ofthe scale but Revell do a snaptite warthog and Pelican kit/toy not sure if these are what you are looking for 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=halo+snaptite&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=halo+warthog+model+kits&_osacat=0

hope this helps..:)

Nope, does not help :) 

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I have the Revell Snap-Tite Warthog.  I purchased four of the things, gave away the stupid noise making-flashing light things that were included in the kit to a friend for her son.  Then I discovered later on when I started to build the things (or should I say assemble) that all four kits are missing the clear parts.  Still waiting for Revell to reply.  

Many years ago someone at our local club contest entered 2 Halo figures. They were really large, maybe 1/6 scale perhaps? I doubt they were 3D printed as this was maybe 10 years ago. I would guess resin kits. but they were really well done. I'll have to dig to see if I can find the pics I took of them.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, jeffryfontaine said:

Nope, does not help :) 

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I have the Revell Snap-Tite Warthog.  I purchased four of the things, gave away the stupid noise making-flashing light things that were included in the kit to a friend for her son.  Then I discovered later on when I started to build the things (or should I say assemble) that all four kits are missing the clear parts.  Still waiting for Revell to reply.  

A follow-up to the above post.  

I now know why I am missing the clear parts from the first four Warthog kits that I acquired several years ago.  The recent delivery of two NIB Revell Warthog kits from an on-line retailer highlights my own ignorance with regards to the kit contents.  Revell packaged the Warthog kit in a series of sealed bags for the majority of the small parts and the larger parts were held in place  on two vacu-formed clear plastic support frames (for lack of a better description).  These two support frames supported the body, chassis, and two additional parts while the rest of the contents were free to roam within the security of the individually sealed bags within the kit box.  One of the support frames has a "pocket" and within this pocket resides the clear windscreen for the Warthog.  Thanks to my poor vision and dodgy lighting conditions I managed to throw out all four of these windscreen parts still secure in the vacu-form clear plastic support frame and not even realize I had missed that important piece of the kit.  Yeah, the ID10T light is shining bright for me today as I type this to clear up any prior accusations that Revell somehow was at fault with quality control issues.  Nope, it was by my own hand that this catastrophe was created.  Knowing this now to be the case it still sucketh greatly that I had to learn this mistake the hard way.