Greetings!

After about a 20 year hiatus from building I started to get back into this hobby this year. I spent a lot of time reviewing builds on this forum to help remember how to do some things and learn lots of new techniques. Such a great source of info!

The kit comes with markings for one of the prototypes: BF-01. After some debate I decided to paint and decal it as an operation bird in the future. I researched USMC Squadrons that operate Harriers and selected VMA-542. I mostly selected this one as its tail art (alternating yellow and black triangles) was something that I could (hopefully) replicate. I found some Harrier decals online to use in addition to some of the ones included with the kit. Also I rearranged the digits of the BuNo decal to put it in future.

Here are some pictures of the completed build:

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Comments and questions are welcome.

tom

VBB

HELLO AND WELCOME On board the greatest Forum ever,

THE F-35B IS ASTOUNDNG ...just needs some back ground scenery and you are on your way :D

BRILLIANT work and the Photos are LOVELY too.. :woo::woo::woo::woo:

WELL DONE and post more of your work soon..Its AWESOME...

Edited by HOLMES

Very well done... I really like the scheme and the decal placement; and your painting/finish is pretty amazing. Twenty years and you haven't skipped a beat.

Not to take away from yours, but I tried doing something similar with the Hawks scheme... except I'd rather have yours than mine :P

3O2.jpg

Edited by -Neu-

Very well done... I really like the scheme and the decal placement; and your painting/finish is pretty amazing. Twenty years and you haven't skipped a beat.

Not to take away from yours, but I tried doing something similar with the Hawks scheme... except I'd rather have yours than mine :P

-Neu-

That looks awesome!! I really like the solid blue tails contrasted with the white. Very neat scheme!

Very nice F-35B build! I like that you built it gears up and flying. Did the kit come with a pilot figure? Big :thumbsup:

Thanx, I tend to build in-flight models because I'm lazy. Landing gear and weapons bays are too much work for me ;)

There was no pilot with the kit, so I just grabbed one out of Hasegawa's U.S. Pilot/Ground Crew set.

• 2 weeks later...

@kurnass77 and @Scooter Man, many thanks for your compliments.

@HOLMES: My photoshop skillz are pretty much non-existent, so this is about all I can do in the way of background scenery:

F-35B.jpg

Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

THAT IS SUPERB...Looks like the REAL thing..

Good choice for the back drop.... :clap2::clap2::clap2:

THANK YOU

I drool now... :smiley-whacky084: