Hello chaps,

Just a quickie, just got the Italeri F-100D kit from the postie, had a quick look, and the lettering for the nose appears to have some smudging on it, the decal sheet had no cover film on it and felt sticky and was stuck to the plastic bag.

Not sure if they are recoverable, I might be able to cut out the carrier film which is mucked up, but if not, does anyone know if its possible to get the lettering without having to plump for an entire decal sheet?

Or maybe I'll just send them back to Italeri for replacement, how do they stack up for customer service?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by MattC

Hi Matt,

PM your snail mail address to me. I've got some leftovers from a 1/72 Microscale sheet you can have. They're in the proper Insignia Blue, too. I think Italeri has them in black.

Cheers!

Ben

PM Inbound Ben, many thanks, didn't know the lettering was meant to be blue! Learn a new thing every day.

J - I hear you on that. These kit decals are pretty horrible though, they will do, but they are pretty ropey, seem very thick, very glossy and almost toy-like. Experience tells me they normally snuggle down ok in the end, but they're not brilliant. Stencilling is pretty blurred, the roundels for the french version are boss-eyed.

I am tempted to junk the whole sheet to be honest.

EDIT - I've had a quick scout about, and looks like the only options in 72nd are from Microscale and Superscale, both OOP I think, and the Superscale sheet doesn't include insignia or stencils.

Nuts.

I'll trial a couple of the original sheets boss-eyed french roundels and see how they go on, but this stencilling bugs me, I fear that these blurry stencils are also oversized and will look a bit naff.

Edited by MattC

+1 to what Jennings says about the Xtradecals sheets.

I'll throw in the stencils, walkways, & such, too. I don't have any properly-sized national insignia for a 1/72 silver Hun, but check at Sprue Brothers for some from Scalemaster.

Ben

Brilliant, thanks a bundle Ben, I'll have a look for some insignia decals when the time comes, I may yet use these ones for the insignia if the colour matches reasonably, although the insignia are very nearly black on this sheet.

Grr.

And I thought things would get easier when I shifted from WW2 stuff.

Oh excellent Mark, thanks a bundle, I shall have a look and see how I get on.

There are so many decal sheets around, its hard to find them without knowing they are there. If that makes sense.

I will bookmark the page for the next one, I'll see how this turns out first and then see :thumbsup: