Canadair Mk 5 Sabre - 1/48, Hasegawa

It turned out EXCELLENT, but your using modern roundels instead of the 1950s-60s silver maple leafs. I'm guessing those are the Hasegawa kit decals?

It turned out EXCELLENT, but your using modern roundels instead of the 1950s-60s silver maple leafs. I'm guessing those are the Hasegawa kit decals?

Oh man... Don't tell me Hasegawa also gave wrong decals after that fiasco with the wrong color in the instructions! :jaw-dropping:

I was packing up the models for the show just now, so all I can say about the issue is... "Stop! Hammertime!" :nanner: (and I'm hammersliding out of the door)

Hasegawa tends to do the maple leafs wrong. I have seen kits needing "new" maple leafs with leafs that look more like Cannabis then maple, and the deal you have. Kit requiring silver maple with what they gave you.

I have a couple of these kits in my stash. I was leery about completing one with the kit decals (minus the wrong Maple Leaf roundels!) because I wasn't sure about the final product. I must say you've done this kit justice and seeing yours might just cause me to build a Sabre with these decals.

For your first jet, great work Emre.

Mike

Here are the final photos now I'm back from the competition. This model couldn't get any prize, but I'm happy that I got first place in 1/72 scale World Aviation (Propeller) category with a Skyraider model. :)

Canadair38.jpg

Canadair37.jpg

Canadair35.jpg

Canadair34.jpg

Canadair33.jpg

Canadair30.jpg

Canadair28.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Charlie! I only wish that Hasegawa didn't screw up the decals by providing the wrong era maple leaves.

I don't think Hasegawa has ever been able to get that right. I have a Hasagawa CF-18 from a few years ago and it has the low vis roundel, but with the silver maple leaf. Here, they have AB+3 era markings with the modern leaf... I mean really.. it's not hard to spot the difference.