My dear friends,

with the Scooter finished is time to move with my second build , a VF-111 Kitty.

first the box and the decals ( I think to make a lo-viz bird because I do not have one in my collection and it also seems that there is an inflation of Hi-Viz Sundowners planes).

immagine376.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine377.jpg[/url][/img]

I recently bought this holographic foil at a fly fishing shop ...

immagine289.jpg[/url][/img]

...so I decided to use it by experimenting a new technique to realize the various monitors in the cockpit.Adding the Tamiya Clear Green this is the result.

immagine331.jpg[/url][/img]

Although the model will have the closed canopy I decided to add the visible details;I also resculpted the IP covers and modified the pilots

immagine332t.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine334f.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine385k.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine338.jpg[/url][/img]

Ok. now I have a question to ask:is my intention build the model pratically OOB ( although I have a couple of Verlinden seats )but I want to replace the kit exhaust with those of Aires.Since the model represents a plane on the catapult with the ordies arming a 'Winder

(that is why the pilots' hands are raised)such as jet exhaust may be more appropriate:full open or full closed?

Thanks for looking!

:cheers: Gianni

Hi guys,a little update.

Pilot and RIO finished only a few tweaks here and there in areas that I had not noticed with the naked eye

immagine287.jpg[/url][/img]

66838473.jpg[/url][/img]

grgp.jpg[/url][/img]

wqwu.jpg[/url][/img]

And the cockpit

554yn.jpg[/url][/img]

e23j.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine302.jpg[/url][/img]

Still missing some details I will add that just before closing the canopy.

Of course let me know what you think.

:wave: Gianni

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all my friends,some small progress with my Kitty.

As in the kit Fujimi the openings of air conditioning are a little too big and squared instead of rectangular, I choose to try a little improvement.

I reduced , in accordance with the DACO book, of a 1mm the width and scratch the fans with a lead foil...

pa080003y.jpg[/url][/img]

pa080001.jpg[/url][/img]

...and the final result.

pa080014k.jpg[/url][/img]

I made ​​a little more busy the NLG and its bay.Not perfect but good enough for me.Also note tha I open the gun gas exhaust ports.

pa090031.jpg[/url][/img]

pa090032.jpg[/url][/img]

pa090025.jpg[/url][/img]

pa090028.jpg[/url][/img]

Because I programmed to arm my Tomcat with only the fuel tanks, one Sparrow and one 'Winder,I detailed at my best the empty launch rails of the Wing glove pylons.

pa080005d.jpg[/url][/img]

Finally, with brass tube of different size I replicated the nose pitot tube.

pa090037.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all!

In reality I moved little forward with the model; in fact I painted both the Aires TF-30 and the internal air intake and also started to assembly the engine nacelles to the fuselage so I hope to be able to post soon some pics of something that resembles a Tomcat! :D

HOLMES,many thanks for your kind words!

immagine385k.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine338.jpg[/url][/img]

Couple of Questions:

1) what are you using to cover the IPs (that green stuff)?

2) where are the pilots from? They don't look like the Fujimi Tomcat pilots. The details on your pilots are very good & your painting is excellent :thumbsup:

Hi Jackman and thanks for your kindness.

A couple of answers

1- As you said (that green stuff)this is her name. :D

Seriously,this putty is the Games Worksgop's Green Stuff marketed by other companies under the name Duro or Kneaditite

2-the pilots are a mix of Fujimi,Hase and Italeri pilot set with a lot of nip & tuck and some scratched details

Hi Jackman and thanks for your kindness.

A couple of answers

1- As you said (that green stuff)this is her name. :D

Seriously,this putty is the Games Worksgop's Green Stuff marketed by other companies under the name Duro or Kneaditite

2-the pilots are a mix of Fujimi,Hase and Italeri pilot set with a lot of nip & tuck and some scratched details

Ahh,that explains the pilots. Good work on the nip & tuck :thumbsup:

I've been wanting to make my pilots in a similar pose, ie, with arms raised, sleeves folded, and holding the canopy railings/windscreen. I think I'll follow your example & mix the Fuj/Hase/Ital/Esci pilots :D

Thanks Ken!

JackMan,always happy to help a friend, remember to check always the anatomy of a figure when you start a conversion; if you need a help simply ask!

Good night all ( in Italy at least),Gianni :beer4:

Excellent work so far, Gianni! Seeing the Fujimi SU-22 Killers boxing really brings back memories of an old build.

I really like the Tomcat crew. Looking forward to see this one come together soon! :)

PS. Hope you got your exhaust nozzle question sorted out ;)

Edited by Anders_Isaksson

Thanks guys!!!

Denis you're very kind!

Anders your topic on the exhaust has proved very useful ; in addition in addition I find a picture of a VF-102 bird ready for the shot that show the nozzle closed so i choosed this option.

Gianni,

Good work with the foil.

Neat and tidy.

The tiny plastic sugical procedures on the gun exhausts etc is pretty impressive.

The replicated pitot is way too good .

Nice work Gianni..Tidy too.

HOLMES :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anders your topic on the exhaust has proved very useful ; in addition in addition I find a picture of a VF-102 bird ready for the shot that show the nozzle closed so i choosed this option.

Sounds good, Gianni!

Looking forward to see more as you make progress. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi mates,

after a long pause I can show you the actual state on my Cat.

It is primed and preshadowed and ready for the paint.

sundowners0011024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0021024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0031024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0091024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

(Un)fortunately I find this picture of Bu.No. 160874 that show a shade of grey more dark of those in the sheet...

f14a160874vf111elp1980.jpg[/url][/img]

... and this saddens me very much because the decals are a gentle gift of Pete. :crying2:

So a couple of weeks ago I ordered from Spruebrother the FCM decal sheet and now I'm waiting that arrive .

In the meantime, I painted the jet exhaust with Alclad metals (my first attempt with these colors).

sundowners0041024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0061024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0081024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0141024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

I hope to show you some progress a soon is possible.

Thank for looking!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

the finish line for the GB is near ( tic,toc,tic,toc) so, despite the work, I decided to take advantage of every possible minute to finish my project and last night I finally sprayed the Light Gull Gray on the model.

p11000011024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p11000031024x768.jpg[/url][/img][/img]

p11000041024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p11000051024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p11000071024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p11000081024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p11000061024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

p11000091024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

As you can see from the photos, at this stage I added a slight weathering because I am willing to apply the aalt weathering technique as explained by chuck540z3 in the Tool 'n' Tips section.

I have started to work on the display base also, belowe an image of how it looks now.

sundowners0051024x7682.jpg[/url][/img]

One question: because sometime the Sundowners tail art are difficult to positioned on the models, does anyone know what is the exact color used by FCM on is sheet and how it fit on the Fujimi kit? Should they need some "tinkering" ... :coolio:

As always suggestion and criticism are welcome; thanks for looking.

P.S. ChippyWho ,thanks for your words;the legs in question are ok: one of the knights are now on the house of the collector who has commissioned me, while I have to finish the other for the 13/14 of this month

Good morning all guys.

Another little progress: I sprayed the walkways and , for every evenience, the fin base and tips plus the red parts of the mobile surfaces.

0021024x768c.jpg[/url][/img]

0071024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

0121024x768d.jpg[/url][/img]

0141024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

0171024x768k.jpg[/url][/img]

0261024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

With a little luck tonight I should be able to spray the gloss clear and then start to pose the decals.