Hi fellas!

I've completed the application of decals and then I started (for the first time) the weathering process with the salt technique explained by chuck540z3 .

sundowners0371024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0351024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

And some pics of the result;no good like the chuck540z3's one but I am quite glad! :P

sundowners0131024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0141024x7682.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0151024x7682.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0161024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0171024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Ordnance and landing gear , the latter with a dark grey wash.

sundowners0211024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

sundowners0321024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

I've also finished to convert and paint the little guys for the vignette.

sundowners0291024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Now, I've to spray the model with the last clear coat, made the panel wash,spray the semigloss coat and gluing all the pieces!

It seems that, after all, I can finish the model in time for the deadline! ;)

Naturally, all comment and critique are welcome.

:cheers: Gianni

This is truly amazing work, I am speachless :salute:

I am doing (I should say "trying to do") something very similar at the moment but I'm gutted by such mastery :bandhead2: . Where did you get your deck crew figures? Is your base a printout or a "3D" basis?

Arnaud

Hi all friends.

Bigasshammm you're right,and here the pics of the finished Cat; they came out ultrabad, maybe tomorrow I can shot better pics with the help of more sun...but is FINISHED!!!!! :banana:

vf1110021024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

vf1110141024x791.jpg[/url][/img]

vf1110161024x768.jpg[/url][/img]

Also, I think that I used too much of the various clear and matt coats and that attenued the various color and effects...another lessons !

This is truly amazing work, I am speachless :salute:

I am doing (I should say "trying to do") something very similar at the moment but I'm gutted by such mastery :bandhead2: . Where did you get your deck crew figures? Is your base a printout or a "3D" basis?

Arnaud

Thanks for your words Arnaud;

the base is plasticard that I texturised with trichlorethylene and a toothbrush.The cat rail is directly engraved on the plasticard before the texturization.

In a second step I made the hole of the tie down and painted the various taxi stripe.

After mask the latters I sprayed the dark grey and star to weathering the deck,simply!

And yoyr's?

Great build, Gianni! Too bad my decals were of no use, but it looks absolutely stunning now! :woo:

Thanks mate!

No Pete I'm sorry...you are so kind!

But I promise you to use your decals in future I can't waste a so generous act.promise!

The Tomcat are never enough!

Where did you get your deck crew figures?

Arnaud

Sorry Arnaud I forget your question!

Ok:

- yellow shirt; this is simply a Fujimi model from one of the two deck crew set produced by the japanese manufacturer.

- green shirt;again a Fujimi's with replaced arms.

- red shirt;this is a conversion of a Italeri NATO(?) personel to which I resulpted the arms and the jacket and replaced the head wirh another of the same Italeri set.

For any clarification or help please do not hesitate to ask ever happy to help a friend!

:wave: Gianni

Great work Gianni! I'm glad you got it done in time.

Unfortunatly for me between work and family I just could not squeeze in enough hobby time to finish. I'll keep plugging away though and make updates on my WIP.

Oh, to answer your earlier question, the Bombcat I am doing is an F-14A Black Knights.

-Denis