Ordering From Lucky Model

I'm ready to place an order through Lucky Model for a few items. Seems like they are a reputable dealer and the prices are actually pretty good. This may be a dumb question but should I be worried about paying via credit card? Also, should I expect any additional charges from my card issuer since the company is based in Hong Kong?

Thanks.

I think I saw, at some point of buying they write like 1USD will be xxxHKD? So you can recalculate yourself.

I made orders with them ,EVERYTHING went fine, except there was a mess at whole HK Post(there were topics around the forum, but that wasn't their fault at ALL). After that shipments came in 7-10 bussines days(as stated) to Serbia ;)

Shop gets my vote.

Like many here, I've ordered from Lucky Model many times and I've never been less than satisfied. The only time I've ever had an issue with a Lucky order, it wasn't their fault (a shipping SNAFU) yet they offered me some free goodies for the inconvenience.

I will caution you about one thing though. Whatever you do, make sure you do not order any item that is listed as "available." Those items are NOT in stock and usually the only real issues you see posted about Lucky are those that involve persons that mistakenly order items that are not in stock. As long as everything you order is in stock, you'll be satisfied!

Rick

Hi, I have spend a LOT of my hard earned cash at Lucky Model, never had a bad experience with them. Any delays experienced have been through postal services and not Lucky Model specifically.

In terms of cc charges, I only see one charge on my statement, but as others have said that is dependant on your cc company.

cheers

i had ordered from them tens of time without any problem... TILL last time, last week... WHEN ALL GOES WRONG!!!

i'm was aware of the "available" items problem...(and avoid them like plague) ...but wasn't, about the "in stock" items... that turns to "available"... after being paid!!!! ...days after being ordered and paid!!!

LM waits 8 days without telling me... and without doing anything...

when i contact them, they BS me with false explanations... they offered me to ship the rest of the order... i ask them to cancel... they answer me it was ok, my order was cancelled... next thing i know, it had been shipped...

i'll still do business with them... cos they have some of the greatest prices, and a "correct" service (usually)

BTW, if you'r using paypall, prepare to be charged an extra 3%

I got stung by Lucky Models one time. I ordered a few kits around Chinese New Year and they had the entire week off and the order slipped through the cracks when they came back.

I sent a message to Raymond here on ARC, and he completely bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied with the end result. A real top notch guy. Their ordering system with the whole "Available" "in stock" thing is weird, but otherwise they are every bit as good as Sprue Brothers. Raymond is a class act and you should be confident when ordering from them.

I've been ordering from Lucky for nearly 8 years now and really haven't had any significant problems. Now I usually pay with either my credit card or debit card and in most instances there is a relatively small "currency conversion fee" which my bank or CC company charges me - however in my case this fee shows up as a separate line item on my bank statement. I think the actually currency conversion fee varies slightly from bank to bank. I usually order between $30 & $50 worth of stuff and my currency conversion fee is usually not more than a dollar or so.

The only other advice I have for you when it comes to ordering from Lucky is that should you need to contact them for any reason do NOT send them an email but instead log into your Lucky account and contact them using the "My Request" button.

Good luck!

Tim

I have had zero problems with Lucky, I use PayPal and I am not aware of 3% surcharge but that doesn't mean it's not there. I have h ad great service and good deals from them.

I did have to wait a bit with one order to be fully delivered (4 months because one product was marked as available), but was satisfied by the service provided. If everything is in stock, It won't be long before it turns up at the door. Great people to deal with.