This one is finally over. It's my firtst and the last Academy Viper. Really inaccurate and hard to make.

Things I've changed/added:

- Resin nose cone

- Aires Cockpit with quickboost seat

- Aires wheel bays

- CMK wheels

- Hasegawa canopy

- weapons from Hasegawa weapons set

- FM resin bomb pylons

- vacuformed intake cover

- needles for various antenans etc...

- Sidewinder from Revell's Typhoon.

- Ladder from Hasegawa

- Tinted canopy

- Sidewinder covers made from Epoxy putty

Here you can see inprogress thread:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=217974&st=0

Really mix of everything from my stash that I won't use on my other Vipers. Next one would be Tamiya...

sry for bad photos

f1651.jpg

f1653.jpg

f1650.jpg

f1652.jpg

f1654.jpg

f1655.jpg

f1656.jpg

f1657.jpg

f1658.jpg

Edited by 0viking0

Basically you put about $100 of aftermarket on a $20 kit?

Well, it looks that way, but I have tons of aftermarket for Viper's, so I had to start to use some... And this kit was on my table for some time (even long before Tamiya came in), so there were two optios. To finish this one or to trash it away. So I've finished it. Now I have free spot to start Tamiya or one of Hasegawas I still have in my stash...

Edited by 0viking0

Well, it looks that way, but I have tons of aftermarket for Viper's, so I had to start to use some... And this kit was on my table for some time (even long before Tamiya came in), so there were two optios. To finish this one or to trash it away. So I've finished it. Now I have free spot to start Tamiya or one of Hasegawas I still have in my stash...

I didn't mean to be snobby. I have two of these and I'm thinking I'll have to do the same thing! Your build came out wonderful. I hope mine come out half as nice!

Gonzalo

This a wonderful model. 'Even more I like the concept of taking a cheap model, turning it into a show killer!!!

Extremely well done my dear friend!!! :thumbsup:

Excellent.

I still love the severed pilot's head/helmet on the cockpit. Is an awesome touch and I can only imagine that you hollowed out the helmet after you severed it from the pilot. LOL

Beauty!

Excellent.

I still love the severed pilot's head/helmet on the cockpit. Is an awesome touch and I can only imagine that you hollowed out the helmet after you severed it from the pilot. LOL

Beauty!

Yea, I like that too... I got the idea from these pictures... :)

IMG_2600800x800.jpg

2926956561_53e5a42622.jpg

14324_10343.jpg