Willys jeeps COHO inspired 1/35

Well finally finished my jeep and generally very happy. As is second model in 7years. Inspired from video casting of game called COHO (Harlequins youtube channel) I have tried doing some scratch building which has been fun with the bench, signpost, grave marking and dead tree. With injet created decals ( first time ). Coupled in with the addition of PE kit from Edwards which has been a great learning curve. Changing the head for a Hornet head was a great decision. Static Grass was a success, stayed with the dry look colour as contrast.

With the mud weathering was very happy with the look the pastels have given for such little work. Very happy with the maps and stored maps think those little details are great addition. Really enjoyed using the airbrush makes so much difference.

Errors; well maybe next time have some clear plastic for windscreens, think it adds a bit of character this time but live and learn. Have to watch the really small PE parts. lost about 3 bits which would have been nice to have had. Think should have added more detail to his clothing but that will be for the next time, maybe even should have not just done a turning of the hand and cosmetic look of getting rid of gatters. As well as having model laying around for months to complete.

finish_1.JPG

finish_2.JPG

finish_3.JPG

finish_4.JPG

finish_5.JPG

finish_6.JPG

finish_7.JPG

look forward to any thoughts and tips for next time.

Happy modelling.

smee,

AWESOME diorama...!!!

I think it is simply STUNNING and the weathering on the Jeep is astounding and SO brilliantly carried out.

The figures is SUPER and the whole scene is just quite BREATHTAKING..

EXCEPTIONAL AND EXTRAORDINARY work Smee. :wub: :wub:

KUDOS to you.. :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

HOLMES :salute:

smee,

AWESOME diorama...!!!

I think it is simply STUNNING and the weathering on the Jeep is astounding and SO brilliantly carried out.

The figures is SUPER and the whole scene is just quite BREATHTAKING..

EXCEPTIONAL AND EXTRAORDINARY work Smee. :wub: :wub:

KUDOS to you.. :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

HOLMES :salute:

Thanks for the kind words Holmes, hard to compare to the world class model makers on the forum .

Thanks for the kind words Holmes, hard to compare to the world class model makers on the forum .

You are being too hard and harsh on yourself. :coolio:

I think some of those modelers will join ME and applaud you... :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

SERIOUSLY this is SUPER-EXCELLENT diorama.. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Edited by HOLMES

Hey guys! Harlequin here, the one from the jeep ^_^

First up I wanted to mention that I featured this model in the latest Company of Heroes cast which can be found here:

CoH #10 - Smee is Awesome!

And second I just wanted to congratulate you on such a fine looking model! Job really well done ^_^

I've already pointed out the myriad Harlequin-related references and details, such as the Pi serial number and the Harlequin diamond stickers, but I keep seeing even more details. My favorite is the fact that one of the maps on the bench is upside down and we can see the letters "ois" - presumably all the maps are labeled and that one is "Semois". Going further I can see that there are maps crumpled up in the glove compartment and that one of their backs says "Ang", presumably "Angoville" (all maps from Company of Heroes). I love it!

All the other stuff like the mud under the wheel wells, the windshield, the tires, the evenness of the grass - just looks spectacular as well!

Cheers to you Smee, from HarlequinCasts!

Edited by Harlequin

Glad you liked it Harlequin and spotted the detail which adds to the model. I had visions of you having to sitting trying to make yourself comfortable on the edge of a battle field. With a borrowed (stolen ) tank commanders head set broadcasting to the world. With not enough time to pack away your reference maps which you had to sit on to stop the wind from blowing away. Yeah your right with the names on the maps :)

The the jeep I stuck resins front axis to change the direction of the front tire. Thinking that you would have turned the wheels to make a quick J turn to get out of there if the battle started to go to you. And straight wheels don't have too much life to it.

I didn't add any weapons to the Jeep even though I could have because you would have broken your impartiality being armed. And we know the pen is mightier than the Calliope :)

I thought about doing a complete Harlequin colour scheme but thought that you wouldn't have taken away the Blazing star being a proud American. ( quite right too )

Just have to get the display case then I'm finished. :)

Looks very good. Dare I ask where you got the parts from?

1/35 Tamiya Jeep

Willys Edwards Photo Etched kit

Resicast front axis

Hornet Replacement head

Self made Decals.

Home made static charger

6mm grass ebay

milliput

Green for remodeling

Build link