Turkish F-100 sheet (and other F-100 sheets)

I have been drawing nothing but Trackers for about a month now; so I thought I'd take a break and start making more progress on the F-100 sheets that I have been planning. I am planning at least two sheets dedicated to Air National Guard aircraft, but meanwhile here is a preview of some of the markings on the Turkish F-100C/D/F sheet.

Few modelers realize Turkey had the largest F-100 fleet after the US; and Turkish Huns have seen combat over Cyprus in 1963 and 1974, where they flew hundreds of attack missions. The period between 1958-1965 was a particularly colorful one, when Turkish F-100s wore colorful unit markings and US buzz numbers styled after USAF examples. Many of these Super Sabres also had NATO nuclear weapons delivery duties and stood alert during the Cuban Missile Crisis; armed with Mk.28 (B28EX) bombs and ready to take off in an instant to strike targets inside Russia, only several hundred miles away.

There will be serial numbers for the twin-seaters of these three squadrons as well. There will be markings for 12-14 options on the sheet, including SEA-camouflaged examples from the 1970s and 1980s; covering the entire Turkish service of the F-100C/D/F from 1958 to the retirement of the type in 1986. Many of these markings have never been done accurately in decal form in any scale! The 1/48 sheet is coming in July, and a 1/72 version will follow in late summer. I will update this post when the decals go to the printer and I have an estimated delivery date.

cd48006promo.jpg

Now about those Air National Guard F-100s..I will post an update in a couple of weeks.

Edited by KursadA

Those are some very nice schemes. With regards to the ANG subjects will we be seeing any New Mexico ANG Hun's?

Affirmative; along with Colorado, Kansas, Indiana, Georgia and a bunch of others..

• 9 years later...

I almost forgot about this one - it is still something that I want to do because of my family connection to these airplanes (my Dad worked on them), but I doubt it will happen in the near future.

I would love to see decals of F-100C/D/F of Turkish AF. Especially in SEA or ex-RDAF camouflage. The camouflaged Turkish F-100's looked very weathered at the end of their service life.