Italeri Heinkel He-111H

3rd model since I was a kid, and the first one I've had a go at airbrushing. I tried tarting up the cockpit a little bit, and scratch built a light for the wing from a pin head, coke can aluminium & a bit of clear plastic sheet, as the kit part was just a solid transparent wedge. I think my fingers are too fat for 1/72 scale to do much else though.

I'm happy with it, but the antenna wire needs doing at some point.

S6301167.jpg

DSCF1563.jpg

S6301163.jpg

S6301160.jpg

S6301152.jpg

S6301148.jpg

Airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics & coated with Future (Klear in NZ), then weathered with thinned oils & ground pastels.

Thanks to the ARCers who gave suggestions for fading the decals

Comments always welcome chaps

Very nicely done. Clean construction. I know first hand how hard masking those clear parts is. I like the weathering: very subtle, yet effective. Exhaust streaks are well executed. Good job making the swastika decal lay down over the ribbing. It looks painted on. You almost made me forget this kit has raised panel lines. They only show up when the light hits it at certain angles. Good work!

:thumbsup:

P.S. I'd like to see a photo of that light you scratch built if you get a chance.

Edited by Pirata

Thanks for the comments guys

P.S. I'd like to see a photo of that light you scratch built if you get a chance.

It's night time here, so it's hard for me to get a good picture of it, the best I can do for now is the following:

S6301173.jpg

I cut a disc of aluminium, and pushed a pin through it with the head to represent the bulb, & glued it into the cavity in the wing. Then I cut a small piece of transparent plastic (I think it was packaging from a cake), heated it & curved it round a brush handle. The real deal looks like this:

10.jpg