:cheers::beer4::cheers:

This calls for a celebration!!!

All of us are here and it's Saturday night.

Think I'll see if I can put a dint in the beer fridge.

:woo:

Cheers

Paul

I read an article about a family that, convinced the world was ending today, cashed out their kid's college fund and gave it away to the groups that were putting up those billboards and preaching in the streets. The crazy part is, when the day of doom comes and goes without any bad stuff, they will all have some lame theory about how they got the date wrong and it is really next week/month/year/decade, or this was just a test of their faith, etc, etc. Not a single one of them will ever admit that it was all just BS.

"Religion is the opiate of the masses" K. Marx

Edited by 11bee

Greetings my fellow human beings, inhabitants of this planet known (in the English language) as “Earth.â€

Those of you who have been following this string are be aware of the fact that today, Saturday, May 21, 2011, will see the end of this planet and all living creatures upon it. Thus sayeth California Radio Evangelist Howard Camping. The end will cometh about Midnight, Jerusalem time. That is 6 PM where I live just outside of New York City. :OMG-OMG: I know that he is correct because I heard his radio broadcast back in July of 1994 when he predicted that the world would come to an end on September 6, 1994. He was correct then and he is correct now.

Here in New York City a true believer just spent $140,000 of his life savings to advertise the fact that today will be the end of it all.

What really amuses me is not the fact that there are preachers like that guy in California, but that so many people take him seriously. As the great P.T. Barnum is reputed to have said 150 years ago, “There is a sucker born every minute.†:smiley-whacky084:

Those of you who live in countries other than the USA, please tell me,.are prophets of doom like these guys running around loose in your part of the world also? Or is this an American phenomenon? I know the state of California seems to enhance their existence, if not to say encourage their propagation. Is it like this where you reside?

I was thinking, maybe we should try to get this preacher to run for president of the US next year. He is certainly cannot do any worse than the last two guys we have had running the country. Besides, tomorrow he may be free to find a new career.

Koolaid anyone? :monkeydance:

Stephen

Those of you who live in countries other than the USA, please tell me,.are prophets of doom like these guys running around loose in your part of the world also? Or is this an American phenomenon?

Over here in the Netherlands we have the occasional bearded nutjob mumbling to himself with a sandwichboard prophetizing doom at ever changing dates (I find it's always a relief when armageddon does not take place in a weekend... :) ), but nothing like on a USA scale.

Cheers,

Andre

Well it's 5:59 they all should be floating away about now, good opportunity for target practice.

The guy forgot to adjust his math for Daylight Savings Time ... :doh:

Gregg

It is supposed to be midnight in Jerusalem. so that's 6pm in California. Still several hours away.

In the 1830s there was one of these guys predicting the end of the world named William Miller. Pretty much the same deal, lots of his followers giving him money to spread the word. When Jesus didn't show, the Millerites called the day "The Great Disappointment." Some of them became 7th Day Adventists (Jesus did come back, just not in the form they were expecting).

All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. :P

John

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

So does this mean that next week poor kids in Africa will be wearing "I Got Left Behind By The Rapture" t-shirst (to go with their "Steelers 2011 Super Bowl Champ" shirts?)

SN

2 minutes past and I don't feel no shakin'. :rofl: This Rapture thing is a DUD. :woot.gif: And here I was thinkin' I could make use of someone's left behind 600mm f/4. Damn. I guess I'm just gonna have to start saving.

WHY NO RAPTURE!

The picture supplied in the link is hilarious :lol:

Damn, that pic is full of WIN. :D :rofl:

Does this mean I can take the Rapture Auto Response off my Gmail now?

No, because with that epic movie 2012 and its explosions, your @$$ just got PWNED while we laugh and say "SUCKS TO BE YOU!"

+1 WIN for Roland Emmerich.

Edited by The_Animal

Guess we go on to meet our doom another day.....

Saw a nasty documentary the other day tho,in 2008 it was the first time an asteroid was discovered and tracked all the way to it´s impact on earth...... they discovered it 12 hours before impact! Luckily it was a small one and it broke up in the atmosphere above the desert in Sudan.

Now that gives me shivers! Religious fanatics craving attention I can do without.

I do undertand that a Vogon Constructor Fleet is headed this way, as the earth needs to be demolished in order to make way for a new hyper-space bypass.

Hope they don't try to read us any of their poetry!

cheers

Old Blind Dog