Well, did this Mr. Camping decide he was wrong by 5 months BEFORE or AFTER the mere continuation of the planet turning PROVED him wrong? If it was after, what possible reason did this man give for such a profound error? The original prediction someone said was made in like 1993, I figure 18 years is PLENTY of time to get your math right, wouldn't you think? After such a massive hooha , I figure that we're due an explanation. Back in the day, people who caused such a fuss and were wrong about it were tarred, feathered and rode out of town on a rail. Ah, the good ol' days.

Well his latest statement is something along the lines that he wasn't wrong about the timing, just wrong about how it was going to play out. He claims now that May 21st really was the spritual judgement, where God made up his mind up about who goes and who stays. But the Oct 21st end of the world date is still the same as his latest original (post 1994) prediction. It's just now, all the ones that were supposed to have gone will also stick around til that day. Then instantly, they go and the earth is kapput. I'd like to think that when this prediction doesn't come true he'd admit he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. But I suspect there will some other explanation for his miscalculation. And he will have followers...sad but true.

Bill

Word is, he was off by 5 months this time. New end o' the world is now Oct. 21st! Phew :OMG-OMG:, I was really trying to get these builds done, I could really use an extra 5 months! :rolleyes:

He apparently had always stated that the END was October 21st. May 21st was just the rapture where all the good folks (you know, the 3%) who have been deemed fit would be saved from the purgatory that was to follow. We are now technically in the purgatory, hell on earth phase all brought to a climactic end on October 21st.

Problem is, the world has been so screwed since I can remember it is hard to see the difference between "purgatory" and the way it has been for the last 25-30 years. Maybe there will be MORE war or something between now and October 21st.

Oh well, life goes on (until October 21st that is...).

I think he is just predicting his last day B)

Come on people look at it this way If you knew it was the end of the world why would you except peoples money. Oh so we are NOW under God's judgement well im not a big religious man but i truly believe that we are under God's judgment the day we are born. He can predict how many people are going to be saved, in my mind thats God's job and i refuse to believe that out of billions of people only 200 million are going to heaven.He says that he will be giving away his things be for that day well i think he is saying this to cover his *** and i think he is going to disappear.

Yes you are correct...you do.

Does a parent care if their child insults them? Just because they have power over and were the ones that brought the child into this world that doesn't mean they don't wish for respect and love from that child. There's very little difference.

But that's a whole 'nuther discussion. This thread is about a specific loon. Not those who you all also feel are loons... :woot.gif:

So my question then is, how do you know? How does anyone know? Did God tell you this? How do you know he cares (or in fact, even knows)?? Just curious.

So my question then is, how do you know? How does anyone know? Did God tell you this? How do you know he cares (or in fact, even knows)?? Just curious.

If you're genuinely curious I'll tell you. Luke 10:27 "Love thy God with all your heart, and all your soul and with all your strength and all your mind..." OR Matthew 22:37 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul..." And of course there's that little thing of a commandment "Thou shalt not take thy Lord's name in vain". I'd say IF you believe in the Bible then my answer is "yes, he did tell me this".

But again, this is a totally different topic, which may or may not be against forum rules. I know in the past there has been plenty of times when a thread bashing Christian beliefs was allowed to go on until a Christian point of view was expressed. So we wouldn't want to have a thread locked down now would we?

Bill

I think he is just predicting his last day B)

Come on people look at it this way If you knew it was the end of the world why would you except peoples money. .....

...... well i think he is saying this to cover his *** and i think he is going to disappear.

As long as there have been clergy, there have been SOME of them that have decided they REALLY like taking other people's money. Not all, just SOME! This one likes to rent billboards and talk on the radio. There is a distinct possibility his contributors are paying for more than just his " spreading the word " though. I bet it's a nice living for an 89 y.o. man. Wish it paid for the Thorazine he obviously needs.

He apparently had always stated that the END was October 21st. May 21st was just the rapture where all the good folks (you know, the 3%) who have been deemed fit would be saved from the purgatory that was to follow. We are now technically in the purgatory, hell on earth phase all brought to a climactic end on October 21st.

Problem is, the world has been so screwed since I can remember it is hard to see the difference between "purgatory" and the way it has been for the last 25-30 years. Maybe there will be MORE war or something between now and October 21st.

Oh well, life goes on (until October 21st that is...).

I think he should just face the facts that he was left here to suffer with all of us sinners and that all the good people were 'raptured' into Heaven and that he wasn't one of them. I guess this is a good time for him to repent right? :trolls:

Back in the day, people who caused such a fuss and were wrong about it were tarred, feathered and rode out of town on a rail. Ah, the good ol' days.

Or "way back" in the day (think Old Testament) they were thrown off a 12 foot'ish cliff and everyone got to drop rocks as big as they could pick up on him.......

Isn't that just a carte blanche to go mad? The chosen ones are gone. We're damned, right? Nothing we can do will save us, right? So wouldn't that essentially mean morality has no meaning?

See those nutjobs/whackos never think out their own theories.... Or they'd see how stupid they are (the theories, but I suppose also could mean the whackos)

Come on people look at it this way If you knew it was the end of the world why would you except peoples money.

I wouldn't except anyone's money, but that's just me. Cash talks ;)

Ken

Have some sympathy for the poor bloke; he is, after all, still here, which means that God does not consider him worth saving, after all his hard work. There's also the thought that no-one should die before October 21st.; after all, if everyone left here is beyond redemption, why bother to go through all the paperwork collecting them, now, when they'll be swept up in less than 120 days time?

Edgar