1/48 Modular Display Base (USN Version)

Raymond,

Thank you for doing these kits and products.

You've seen the obvious gaps in the market, and are filling them.

I wish you the best there.

I've already got your 1/48 IDF Weapons Sets #1 & #2, and have ordered the MQ-9 Reaper and NATO Weapons Set.

I use either LuckyModel or Hannants.

I plan to get the E-2C and EA-6B in the future also. And those will need flightdecks.....

Regards,

Gerard

The USSR one would go real well with the Eduard family of MiG-21's. Also it would be really neat if you coud change the base on the fly as it were, i.e. if you were tired of your F-14 display, you could remove the USN base and add the NATO ground base and plop down your F-16!

What about carrier decks from around the world ie: Spain's Principe de Asturias and Italy's Giuseppe Garibaldi and Cavour

I might be able to help with references for the PdeA

Edited by scotthldr

What about carrier decks from around the world ie: Spain's Principe de Asturias and Italy's Giuseppe Garibaldi and Cavour

I might be able to help with references for the PdeA

Thats a good point, I'd like a deck for the Charles De Gaulle and an Illustrious class carrier.

Stephen

Raymond

This will add substance to my display deck. I have the tow trucks and fire engines ready..

Actually, the important features of this display base is the base is modular designed. So, you can have multiple display base and "plug" in to form a larger base or different shape (square, rectangle).

Also the material is plastic, you can make some LED lighting below that.

Actually, the important features of this display base is the base is modular designed. So, you can have multiple display base and "plug" in to form a larger base or different shape (square, rectangle).

Also the material is plastic, you can make some LED lighting below that.

Oh YES! Wonderful! WONDERFUL!!!

• 2 weeks later...

3wire makes great stuff. I would be interested in a carrier deck section with the catapult with the jetblast thing in the up position, that would be awesome. Different carrier sections, say the elevators or where the arresting wires are, etc. Good to see Skunk models and Kinetic releasing much needed items in 1/48.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Mike here. I work with Justin at 3 Wire Design and have created the artwork for all of the decks.

I don't know how to set up an actual poll on this forum, but I'd like to know what kind of surfaces/subjects you'd like to see in the near future. I can create any surface you need. Reference photos and information is always appreciated.

You should checkout the site www.3WireDesign.com, as we already offer the Hexagon Surface for Soviet MiGs and have updated USAF and USN/USMC Parked Tarmacs. There are also new WWII Subjects (Essex Carrier Deck, Concrete Tarmac and Marsden Matting). You need to see the level of detail that we have on the decks. I really believe that these are superior to anything else on the market. The beauty of our decks is that Justin can integrate any Squadron Logo/Insignia onto the deck, as well as create custom displays to suit your needs. Justin is a great guy. We're always happy to help.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I received the Skunkmodelworks base yeaterday and its great.It took all of 10mins to put together and its quite robust once completed.Although you can swap the cardboard bases on and off quite easily it won't slip off as there is a lip to prevent that happening.As the bases are modular in design you can increase the size of it,the limiting factor would be that you would need a larger card base for it.The bases are nicely printed and have the tiedowns slightly pressed into the card and look quite realistic.There are three bases included; two US carrier decks and the other for an LHA type deck.

Two thumbs up for this product Raymond!

Stephen