Calling 1/72 Mustang and Thunderbolt fans

I'm getting ready to fire up my old Iron Division resin line and am thinking seriously about producing 72nd scale resin upgrade/corrections, detail and accessory sets for my favorite aircraft types, the P-51 Mustang and P-47 Thunderbolt. Also thinking about sets for B-25's and B-26's. Any suggestions for much needed items and what kits would you reccomend them for?

For obvious reasons the P-51 and P-47 have been covered pretty well with resin accesories. Things that come to mind though are a correct P-51B wing, every kit or resin correction set has made errors with this, primarily with the shell ejection chutes and the inboard leading edge kink. Still on the p-51, drop in wheel wells for the P-51D would be worthwhile; the aft wall of the wheel well (actually one of the main wing spars)on the real thing did not match the cutouts for the wheel wells, but that's the way all the manufacturers have molded them on kits. I think the cockpits have been done to death by aftermarket manufacturers for both types. Another option would be correct cockpits for the F-82.

Regards,

Murph

Well there

Guys I been in a middle Mustang, Corsair and Thunderbolt; and in my opinion there are some items missing

Mustang

*Early Mustangd a resin cockpit also true for a F-82 twing mustang also mising is rear tail wheel

*Corsairs conversion parts for a Royal Navy, and general use flaps only detail set available is one very rare from Hi Tech- Regarding the Cavalier version I got the tip from one of the last remaing pilots who flow them in so called soccer war and no wing tips used because the difficuly on maneovering when attached so only the tail extension and twing seat needed another resin cockpit detail needed

*Thunderbolts well here I need the Verlinden instructions scan because I got one with them missing, for the flap detail no need any more only buy a Tamiya already included

And what about cluster bombs with rack

Best day

Armando

How about conversion kits for the Cavalier modified Mustangs and the Piper PA-148 Enforcer?

Seconded.

Also seconded on the post for tanks for both types. A nice set with all the tanks used for each type would be nice.

All of the Belly tanks used on both types.

I would second that! One of the biggest headaches in 1/72 is trying to clean up seams on two-piece injection molded tanks; the sprue gates are always located on the seam, so it's next to impossible to clean them up without some kind of flaw. One-piece resin tanks would be most welcome.

Also agree with the suggestion for P-47 flaps.

cheers

Old Blind Dog