Okay, off we go into the interior.

_MG_9792.jpg

I can't call it a cockpit because a seat and a floor doesn't really qualify. The is a nice pilot in the kit, so I painted him and seat and called it done.

_MG_9794.jpg

BTW, as a builder's note, make sure that you lightly glue the rear bulkhead to the floor before attaching the it to the fuselage because you'll need to angle the bulkhead to properly so the seat fits. Add the seat after you put it in the fuselage and save yourself some grief.

Waylandcool,

WOW !! what luck to find it is Airfix....Looking good too...Nice neat work.

Post more soon please, thank you

HOLMES :thumbsup:

I found another Airfix kit in an MPC box in my stash yesterday. I'm tossing that into the GB in a few weeks. Of my 4 MPC kits, 2 of them are Airfix reboxes.

Two colors down, one to go. Painted the undersides Sky and the masked and painted the uppersurfaces RAF Dark Green:

_MG_9820.jpg

Now it's masked for the Ocean Gray camo:

_MG_9822.jpg

_MG_9821.jpg

BTW, I need to mention something about MPC's manual here: A right side profile would be really helpful when you call for a 3 tone paint job. The left side is called out but I had to guess on the right side.

Edited by waylandcool
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two colors down, one to go. Painted the undersides Sky and the masked and painted the uppersurfaces RAF Dark Green:

BTW, I need to mention something about MPC's manual here: A right side profile would be really helpful when you call for a 3 tone paint job. The left side is called out but I had to guess on the right side.

I have to ask - what is that stuff you are using to mask the camouflage, please?

David

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it's silly putty. And it does a nice job on paint jobs that have lots of compound curves. The Jaguar took about an egg's worth. It's finished, I'll put the finished pics up in the completed thread tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...