Testors Huskie H-43B kit question

I grabbed one of these I found, it is kit# 7206. The box label says this is 1/48 but it just looks too big for that scale. Scale is not referenced on the instructions at all but it does have the dimensions saying the real aircraft fuselage is 25'2", that comes out to about 6.25 inches which is what I measured plus or minus a little. It just seems bigger than I though it should be. Any info on this kit? Is it 1/48 or close to it?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi

Before you sell it, take a look a Cobra resin interior for that helo....It worth the extra money. A different build it is.

With some work it can be turned into a show piece.

Oliver

I've been "bitten" by that too - I would really like a 1:48 Huskie, and when I saw what I thought was exactly that at a model show last year I bought it. Back to the IPMS Avon stand for a look in the box and a fondle of the plastic, and I thought it looked a bit big. My colleague who works in 1:32 confirmed it was just that. Fortunately the trader was happy to refund my hard-earned (I only do 1:48).

However, out of that I learned a quick tip - if in doubt and particularly if you don't know the type a look at the seats usually points you towards the correct scale.

My dad built the Hawk version of the kit back in the late 60's when it came with a battery box, switch and electric motor. It was neet to see those intermeshing blades going around.

This is the old Testors (ex-Hawk) HH-43, that I picked-up at a club meeting. It had been started, so I accepted the challenge and finished it. I built the interior, but would buy the aftermarket set, if I was going to do one of these again:

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

Very nice. Such an odd helo. With love and patience, the use of aftermarket parts and numerous rivets to duplicate it can be turned into a amazing build.

Your model is flawless.

Oliver