1968 Dodge Dart Revell kit

Didn't know that about rubbing alchohol, ya learn something new every day. I had the oven cleaner so i went at it with the Easy Off.

Hasegawa_F-15E.jpg

Yes? No? don't hold back.

Don

Edited by dmthamade

I'd go with the factory yellow with the black bumble bee strip, that was always an intimidating color.

198470_11411393_1968_Dodge_Dart.jpg

Or something I've always wanted to try, is to have something like your Flag scheme with a factory paint over, and having the factory paint being peeled off to reveal the red white and blue underneath, seen on a few F-16 demo jets.

Curt

I'm leaning towards a factory color. The yellow is nice, but i'm leaning towards Slime Green with a flat black hood. The paint peeling revealing the flag idea is cool, too. Kinda like the Luftwaffe Tigermeet scheme? I don't have the skills to pull that one off, though.

NO

:rofl::rofl: Went with green. Used a Tamiya spray bomb. Spray bombs have changed a lot since i last used them. Stuff went on really nicely.

IMG_0627.jpg

Think i might try one on my next 1/32 aircraft build.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the build. I used Bare metal foil for the first time, doing the trim around the windows. Stuff seems to work nicely, will probably use it in aircraft. The Tamiya spray bomb worked really well, i bought a can of Light Ghost Grey to finish off a Trumpy F-14. Anyway, some pics of the build.

IMG_0695a.jpg

IMG_0696a.jpg

IMG_0697a.jpg

IMG_0698a.jpg

IMG_0699a.jpg

IMG_0700a.jpg

IMG_0704a.jpg

Don

sweet she looks amazing i was a little worry when you posted the first pic of the green it just didnt look right

Dont know what you did to maek it come out like the final pics but it made the paint job look sweet. BTW i love the flat black hood

Cheers

Neo

I hit autofix in the camera editing program. The first pics looked wrong, the green too light. The finished pics are spot on for actual color of the build. Really impressed with the Tamiya sprays, i build 1/32 jets and will try them for the overall coat on some builds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...