Thanks all...

To Mr. Spok - I used paint GSI Mr. Colour C8 Silver and C 27 Interior Green - mix 1:1. I want to do SMT blue "22" - NMF from Eduard´s box. I thing that it´s all right according the b/w photos blue "22"

Martin

Edited by Martin_C

Something new,

I had glued the big spin and wing and I tried to build the main parts of the Mig without any glue. The main parts fit very very very well. Small hole is in wing. Fuselage is connected with masking tape only.

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9836.jpg

IMG_9834.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9839.jpg

Martin

Edited by Martin_C
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

some new progress ......

I made a small upgrade on nose section of the fuselage. This SMT "blue 22 " was probably built on base of Bis fuselage . So , I grinded front ring according the photos of "blue 22" to look like as "Bis" fuselage. I know it´s not the best way.

IMG_9867_1.jpg

...completely riveted , glued together and the first layer of Mr. Surfacer 1000 from GSI for check flaw on surface.

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

Martin

Great job on riveting! Where did you get the drawing which shows all those rivets and what tool did you use for riveting?

What colors are you going to use to get NMF? I'm really looking forward to painting, with all those rivets it's going to look spectacular.

Are you going to use weapons loadout as in instructions (FAB 100+S-24)?

Also, the kit looks superb, really fine engineering.

Hi Zond,

Thanks for your comment.

For riveting I´ve used drawing book Mig-21 from RV Resin - http://www.rvresin.com/MiG-21_Fishbed_complete.html

and Rivet-R from RB Production .

I´m going to use GSI Super Metallic colours to NMF , and weapons will be 2x multi bombrack MBD-2 + 8x FAB 100, 2x AA missiles R-3S and external fuel tank under the fuselage.

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Some small progress.

New reinforcing plates onto the flaps are added according to photos

IMG_0290.jpg

Some panels have join line in their connection spin-fuselage . It is wrong.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

Martin

Edited by Martin_C
  • 1 month later...

Basic painting is done. I wanted to try Super Metallic colours from GSI - SM 01 Super Fine Silver. Is it cool paint. Later I´m going to make several different covers with another colour. When making exhaust with Steel colour, I also painted some big pannels with the same colour (before SM 01).

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Martin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another small progress. I have painted some panels in different colour. I have used unconventional procedure because I had to do small repairs on surface.I have used home made plotter mask and basic colour GSI Super Metallic Silver SM 01 with a bit of black and grey on pannels and than again repainted SM 01. After removed the mask some panels were too much dark, so I have had to light airbrush them with very thin SM 01.

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

After light repaint

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Martin