Looking for pilot figures for my Airfix 1/72 Hawk kit

I recently acquired the Airfix 1/72 BAE Hawk 100 series kit (#3073) and plan to build my model "in-flight" and was wondering where/how I can get hold of a couple modern day British pilot figures in the seated position to use in my model. If there are some resin pilots available...great...or if there are some good injection modeled pilots that come in another kit which I could use that would be great too.

All practical responses welcomed.

Thanks,

Tim

The problem with the Airfix pilots is they are really just generic pilots and aren't really accurate for most modern air forces. Perhaps their biggest problem is that the helmets look really screwy. They are still using the same pilot molds they used on the 1990's Buccaneer etc.

Well, at least those particular Airfix pilots look somewhat modern. I'm trying to remember which kits, but on some Airfix kits I've seen, they included pilots that looked more like they were WWII era with more modern aircraft.

They are still using the same pilot molds they used on the 1990's Buccaneer etc.

I'm no helmet expert, but the three-part (seperate arms) pilots in the Hawk kits are newly tooled.

Cheers,

Andre

Ummmmm......thanks Andre! I actually just ordered the kits so when I posted my original question I really hadn't seen the kit sprues, I was just operating under the assumption that there weren't going to be any pilot figures.