1/48th F-22 Raptor, 1st Fighter Wing

1/48th old Revell of Germany F-22 with Two Bobs decals marked for the 1st Fighter Wing's billboard jet - thanks to Trigger for the decals. I have a few of these in my stash, and decided to attempt one again after doing the last one about 10 years ago.

DSC_5659_r.jpg

DSC_5666_r.jpg

For the paint, and being somewhat lazy and not good at airbrushing metallic finishes, I used Rustoleum's Matte Nickel, in multiple light coats. The flat grey sections are dark ghost grey, and dark grey camo pattern is Rustoleum's Smoke Grey.

I used a dark grey wash for the panel lines.

DSC_5667_r.jpg

DSC_5675_r.jpg

The right tail gave me a challenge, even though I test fitted prior to painting. But attaching it still left a bit of a gap on the inside, have not decided how or if I will fix it.

DSC_5677_r.jpg

thanks for looking,

cheers

Ken

Great build ..as always Ken.

That paint work almost gives it a hidden smile ?

(-ever thought of doing an RAAF hornet ? - THAT would be somthing to see !)

NIce work Ken. As always. A top notch display. Very well done...

thanks Jim!

Great build ..as always Ken.

That paint work almost gives it a hidden smile ?

(-ever thought of doing an RAAF hornet ? - THAT would be somthing to see !)

thanks! I have thought of doing an RAAF Hornet, and have some decals in the stash - just a matter of fitting it into the to-do list

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

great job ken! as always you don't disappoint. big thumbs up on using the rustoleum! Your taking me back. that was my paint of choice until i discovered you could actually spray model paint haha. i always caked it on too thick though. yours looks awesome! i'd never know that you didn't use an airbrush. :thumbsup:

Ever hand it over to Schadow, If so did you get a picture?

yes I did Sat morning. and no, didn't get a pic as I was not thinking to as we didn't take it out of the box :bandhead2:

great job ken! as always you don't disappoint. big thumbs up on using the rustoleum! Your taking me back. that was my paint of choice until i discovered you could actually spray model paint haha. i always caked it on too thick though. yours looks awesome! i'd never know that you didn't use an airbrush. :thumbsup:

thanks! I stink at metallics, so tried the easy way out LOL

Edited by Ken Middleton

yes I did Sat morning. and no, didn't get a pic as I was not thinking to as we didn't take it out of the box :bandhead2:

Ooops ok act like i did not ask then :wasntme:

:whistle: