Gloss coat to give a shiny surface for decals to help prevent silvering

Gloss coat over the top to seal it all up

Matt/Satin/Gloss final coat as required

HTH

Matt

Basically as follows;

Paint finish as normal

Gloss coat to give a shiny surface for decals to help prevent silvering

...............................................................................Apply Decals

Gloss coat over the top to seal it all up

Matt/Satin/Gloss final coat as required

HTH

Matt

Only thing I might throw onto the heap of advice that I totally agree with is this: if you have used Matte or even Semi-Matte paints, you may want to consider buffing the painted surface (prior to the glosscoat) with an old smooth tee shirt, it helps alot to knock down some of the 'micro texture' that they tend to leave, all of which will give you an even smoother surface to glosscoat/decal. Remember: Easy does it!

Only thing I might throw onto the heap of advice that I totally agree with is this: if you have used Matte or even Semi-Matte paints, you may want to consider buffing the painted surface (prior to the glosscoat) with an old smooth tee shirt, it helps alot to knock down some of the 'micro texture' that they tend to leave, all of which will give you an even smoother surface to glosscoat/decal. Remember: Easy does it!

If I need to buff something out, I wet sand with a 6000 grit or 8000 grit polishing cloth. And I go very easy as I hate burning through the paint job. I will throw a light Gloss coat on the model before buffing as insurance against burn through.