Looks good

altought you title made me think of the orrible movie of the same name with Samuel L Jackson :deadhorse1:

Going to be on one of you famous in flight display ??

Cheers

Neo

Looks good

altought you title made me think of the orrible movie of the same name with Samuel L Jackson :deadhorse1:

Going to be on one of you famous in flight display ??

Cheers

Neo

thanks Neo - never saw the movie, didn't want to LOL

yes, it will be in-flight - here's an earlier photo

DSC_5592_r.jpg

I've never seen nor will see the movie but nothing beats Samuel Jackson shouting "I'm tired of these mother Fn snakes on this mother Fn plane."

Cracks me up every time.

Those tails are awesome.

Yup, I did the original Art work on the 1/1 jet. Bob did an amazing job on the decals as well! I can't wait to start building mine! =)

Nice work and design! On the model, be prepared to use lots of decal softening solution on the tails. I have applied it liberally at least 8 times, and they still have not snuggled down all the way

Yup, I did the original Art work on the 1/1 jet. Bob did an amazing job on the decals as well! I can't wait to start building mine! =)

I see some people have boring jobs ....

I want to do that too :crying2:

cant wait to see more progress Ken

Cheers

Neo

Good to know! what are the troublesome spots? or is it just random areas

Nice work and design! On the model, be prepared to use lots of decal softening solution on the tails. I have applied it liberally at least 8 times, and they still have not snuggled down all the way

I see some people have boring jobs ....

I want to do that too :crying2:

cant wait to see more progress Ken

Cheers

Neo

thanks Neo

Good to know! what are the troublesome spots? or is it just random areas

not so much troublesome, just a bit stubborn - the tops of the tails with the antennae bumps and red light. The tail decals are on a separate sheet, and may have been printed differently, and are thicker than the rest of the decals. Also, not sure it is new, but they (the rest of the decals) separate from the water fast! I placed the walkaway markings in the water, and literally in about 5 seconds, were coming off the backing paper. So watch out for the small decals as they might separate and float in the water. I soaked them by holding them with tweezers for about 5 seconds, and placed them on a paper towel.

Ive never seen anything resist MicroSol is that what your using ??

I am using Micro Sol, and the bottle had 1/4 left, so I opened a new one this morning. I figured the old bottle might be diluted or just old. We'll see if the new bottle improves things.

the tail decals are printed differently than the rest of the sheet. They are thicker, and have somewhat of a "pattern" - must be the printing process

I am thinking I need to replace my microsol as well. The Chippy Ho decals just are not settling in on the future....they are being a little pissy!

Looks great though!! Bob needs to put this on his gallery site. After seeing yours, I bought a set yesterday!

Great job!

-Jim

Really nice job, Ken. I got my set of decals in the mail this past week, but I've got to finish my F-8 Crusader build before contemplating the choice between Snake on a Plane or Shark Tails for me . . . . regardless, your Hornet looks really, really good.