Kind'a ofa late comer...

Hi gang.

believe it or not, I just came across this forum, and even though It's very late in the group build, I thought to ask if I can participate my current project... Who knows, I may even finish the thing by Jul 1! (or not)

Like many fellow modelers, I got hold of Eduard's latest 1/48 Mig-21MF kit, and just had to start it. I remembered that I had in the stash an academy MF with an R conversion from KMC, and thought what the heck if I'm building one mig, might aswell build two. So this is where I am. Concurrently building an MF and an R. The R is going to be the Czech A/F 1922.

On to the R:

From the KMC set I'm using the pit, the D recce pod and wing tip pods.

Quick boost will provide the MF fin and spine (KMC spine is warpped).

I'm using resin and PE parts from a Fine Molds aftermarket set to enhace the engine, wheel wells, plus few othe miscellaneous bits.

What I've done so far:

have just glued together the aft fusselage half. this includes the pre-painted FM wheel wells and jet exhaust assembly. The KMC pit has gone thru basic painting. Nothing installed in the fwd. fusselage half. also prepainted the FM nose wheel well (not installed it either).

So, please let me know whether it's a go or not. :woot.gif:

Thanks,

Ernie A.

Thanks Darwin.

Well, finally got around to take some pictures.

Here's the aft fusselage glued together with resin wheel wells and PE/resin engine exhaust installed (all from fine molds set).

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Just finished plumbing the wing wells... alls that needed is some minor weathering before assembling the wings.

IMG_1023.jpg

Here's a shot of the D- recce pod (from KMC resin set).

IMG_1024.jpg

and that's all for now...

and now to continue the struggle to match Eduards PE color of the MF kit... what a pain in the arse.

thanks all,

Ernie A.

Edited by modelmax
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A little more progress to report... sadly, I haven't made the progress I had originally anticipated. anyway, I'll contine to the end and see how far I get... now on to the pics.

Had to assemble and paint many components before installing inside the fwd fusselage half... intake cone, frnt. wheel whell & cockpit tub. then proceeded to join the fwd and aft fusselage halves... here's a shot.

IMG_1028.jpg

here's a shot of the pit.

IMG_1032.jpg

and one of the frnt whell.

IMG_1029.jpg

finally one of the quick boost spine and tail to be installed.... starting to look like a mig!

IMG_1033.jpg

that's all for now... thanks for looking.

Ernie A.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments Darwin.

The end of the GB is here, and this is my last update... I will still continue with my twin build until they're finished.

Well, finally attched the wings with the help of my trusty HR models jig... take a look.

IMG_1034.jpg

Here's a shot of both the Academy (Mig-21R) and the Eduard Mig-21MF... you can see why my progress has been slow.

IMG_1040.jpg

A shot of the underside and a close up shot of the wheel wells...

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

Well, I guess one month was too short to tackle two kits simultaneously, but I had fun participating in this GB.

thanks and good luck.

Ernie A.