Last Minute Salvage (re)build

Here are some pics of my long wrecked Monogram B-17. I'll have to tear it down and rebuild much of it!

The kids are old enough to sleep through the night and the weather is warm enough to airbrush again so wish me luck!

DSC02613.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

When I saw it, the first thing I thought of was one of those swamp thing B-17's you see them recover every so often.

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/b-17/41-2446.html

With the right kind of diorama, you might not have to do much rebuilding of the kit.

I was thinking along the same lines. There's a pic in one of my B-17 books of a fort named dina mite that had crash landed in the zuder zee in holland and was under water. Years after the war the dutch drained the area "and there sat dina mite looking every bit like she could fixed up and put back into service".

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even use the small kit windows on these models anymore. I use the clear plactic from carded packaging, cut it close and use a file to get a final fit. A dab of Future on both sides and it's better than the original.

Ken

I don't even use the small kit windows on these models anymore. I use the clear plactic from carded packaging, cut it close and use a file to get a final fit. A dab of Future on both sides and it's better than the original.

Ken

I've lost most of the windows in both my builds (Old 666 and Green Hornet). I'm going to have to keep your idea in mind for the future.

• 3 weeks later...