Question about TV shows for my Canadian friends..

Okay so here's the deal, I recently discovered the Canadian TV Series done a few years back titled, "Intelligence" and really really enjoyed it and was hoping that perhaps there were some other great shows like this from Canada that you guys might be able to turn me on to. I really just enjoyed how well the show was put together (in my opinion anyway) and seeing the differences between how the Canadian government views drug trafficking and the American DEA. I'm NOT looking for any political opinions here....just some friendly suggestions.

THANKS!

Tim

You might like 'Flashpoint'. It's about a tactical police squadron in Toronto. Then there's 'the border' which is about Canadan border patrol officers. For the record I don't watch either of them as neither is really my thing (I pretty much to HBO shows).

Edited by RiderFan

I enjoy both Flashpoint and The Border. Both have excellent production values, good acting, and make no cheesy attempts at hiding the fact that they are "Canadian."

Hope this helps.

There's an older Canadian series called "Due South" about a Canadian Mountie assigned to work in Chicago. It was very well done.

If you like the American "Cold Case" series, it seemed to be a rip off of a Canadian series called "Cold Squad".

There's a show about the Canadian Coast Guard called "The Guard". However, I personally didn't like it as it seemed that everyone was dysfunctional and I didn't like any of the characters.

There's also the Trailer Park Boys. The first 5 Seasons were among the best of the series.

One of the best shows ever, although I don't think its available anywhere now was the BeachCombers.

Also a new show out is The Republic of Doyle. Set in Newfoundland and Labarador, and very well done, lot of cameos from quite famous (in Canada and the US) Canadian Actors and Entertainers.

Flashpoint is up there with anything else produced. Good show and I have been caught up a few times in traffic delays while filming.

EVERYONE here has heard about the Red Green show.

One of my recent favorites now in re-runs in Corner Gas. Still chuckle over the ending credit song. "I don't know what you don"t know, yes you do you just won't admit it! :thumbsup:

The episode with "The littlest hobo" was great!

Edited by phantom