1/72 MQ-9 Reaper decals

Here is the final design for the 1/72 version of the MQ-9 Reaper decals. Since the 1/72 Skunkmodels Workshop kit will come in a two-kit package, I added another full set of RAF markings and "stencilling" (i.e. fuel cap markings). I also added a "low-vis" version of the "Royal Air Force" emblem to allow for different variations used on the two RAF Reapers on the sheet.

cd72001_design.png

Note that the 1/72 Skunkmodels Workshop Reaper kit has a much, much improved decal sheet. While the 1/48 kit sheet was really basic and inadequate in many respects, the 1/72 kit sheet is much better and has some of the same options I provide in my 1/48 and 1/72 sheet. Still, there are some issues in the kit sheet (an image is posted at Lucky Model) and I believe my sheet will still provide a good value.

I also added a small decal to depict the many sensor windows on the MTS-B FLIR turret: These are omitted on the kit FLIR turret, and at any rate these will be pretty difficult to depict by painting. These decals should make the FLIR turret look "busy" like the real thing, and help enhance the model. I wish I thought about this when I did the 1/48 sheet.

This sheet will be available for ordering at around the beginning of July, hopefully in time for the 1/72 Reaper kit.