Hasegawa 1/72 EA-6B Prowler

Damn, That's looking great! Keep at it!!! :thumbsup:

thanks for that... but really, 1/72 is very forgiving....

really got a break today - a good 4 hours working (thanks to SWMBO)...... continued adding wiring in the front (just need to tie down the last 2 and its done), and also built the rear IP. Plan is to use the kit decal to add the detail but have a little break up and relief through the plastic.... will repeat for the front.

to do

1) tie down last 2 wires in front

2) add wiring behind rear IP (you can see it through the lattice so needs to be in (whether you can see it in the finished one I dont know but....)

3) start on front IP work

4) move rear seat bulkheads back - look like they should be closer to the bulkhead

5) add wiring to bulkhead (upped half is part of the fuselage pieces so may make a facing plate to do the wiring....

anyway photos - yeah i know there are a few dodgy areas but again, 1/72 and macro lenses dont mix very well ;-)

_MG_0403.jpg

_MG_0402.jpg

_MG_0404.jpg

_MG_0401.jpg

and a bit more... with the seats in (and wiring tidied up).. the shot from above is meant to give an actual size shot (does on my screen but depends on your res)

_MG_0408.jpg_MG_0406.jpg_MG_0409.jpg

_MG_0415.jpg_MG_0414.jpg_MG_0416.jpg

Edited by robw_uk

rear bulkhead underway... just need to add the rear canopy hydraulics (assume that is what it is that runs vertically down the middle of the bulkhead)....anyway:

_MG_0418.jpg

_MG_0417.jpg

_MG_0420.jpg

_MG_0421.jpg

Awesome!!! More More More!!! :thumbsup: What are ya using for the cockpit pluming? Looks great!

thanks for that... the copper wire is standard copper wire form a LHS (not sure on the dia) - the thinner wire is actually from a n old tea strainer (a strange British contraption).... but also use normal electical wire too - probably .1-.2mm thick i guess

Great works Rob!! I see progress in the way you are building your models!! looking forward to see more! :thumbsup:

cheers Eric... I am definately learning things which is good, but still have some basic areas to improve on (too much glue for example).....

declaring the scratch in the cockpit now complete.... added the rear canopy hydraulics as the last touch, now to paint it up. while I await time in the "paintshop" I will start on the Garret Air Ram Turbine. This seems to be a small wind-powered motor on the S/B wing that gives emergency electricity when the plane is parked up. Going to use one of the electronics pod turbines (4-bladed on the nose) and remove 2 blades). Again it is small - I will be working on bits 1-2mm square - I need a magnifying head set dont I (not bragging, just setting expectations in terms of accuracy and neatness)

anyway - photos of cockpit (last one shows where I started)...

_MG_0424.jpg_MG_0425.jpg

_MG_0426.jpg_MG_0427.jpg

_MG_0430.jpg_MG_0433.jpg

_MG_0434.jpg

_MG_0435.jpg vs _MG_0341.jpg

Hi Guys

Looking very good so far, painted I´m sure it will look great!

Looking forward to it!

Best regards

Filipe

ha, you havent seen my painting... hope to get the undercoat on tonight then will look to see how good I can make it

thanks for the comments...

toned down a little - a layer of KLEAR and she is done.... quite happy with it in relation to where its started...

_MG_0457.jpg

_MG_0458.jpg

_MG_0459.jpg

_MG_0460.jpg

_MG_0463.jpg

_MG_0464.jpg

_MG_0465.jpg

on to the next piece of work.. I present the start of the Garret Ram Air Turbine (RAT)....... and my attempt to be neater (and I am glad I bought an over sized ruler... you would think this was small otherwise)

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Hell Yeah!!! That cockpit looks great!!!! Other than the RAT, are you still gonna open up the panels on the prowler? I think it'd be a challenge, but would look sweet! Also, you gonna have the wings folded or spread?

Hell Yeah!!! That cockpit looks great!!!! Other than the RAT, are you still gonna open up the panels on the prowler? I think it'd be a challenge, but would look sweet! Also, you gonna have the wings folded or spread?

thanks for that - will have at least 1 panel open (one of the cheek ones at least). want to do one of the bays behind the cockpit but the panel lines on the kit dont match the pictures so will have to work that out, plus the one on the underside (aft of the wings) that drops down.

as for the wings... AM folded ones are too expensive (unless someone has a spare set) so if i do opt to fold em then it will have to be fully scratch - but hey, lets see how the avionics go

heres where it is as of this afternoon...... need to add a little more to the floor but i think the size will limit what is put in (and the VERY small pic is actual size)

_MG_0512.jpg

_MG_0513.jpg

_MG_0514.jpg_MG_0514-lifesize.jpg

managed to get some more work done.. opened up the next panel (going to leave painting of all the interior bits until they are all done as they are all similar colours)...

so new door (least it has some interior detail now)....

_MG_0517.jpg

and the electronics....

_MG_0516.jpg

_MG_0515.jpg

_MG_0519.jpg

_MG_0518.jpg

ok, declaring bay complete (apart from paint) so now have RAT and 1 bay done ready to paint....... next is to work out the next bay (think I have 2 more major ones but SWMBO reckons I should do the radar in the nose too....hmmmmmm)

one question - how should i paint the bays? put them in place and then paint or paint all the sub-assemblies then put em in place then touch them up? any thoughts much appreciated..

big photo (small one is roughly real size)

_MG_0521.jpg_MG_0521-small.jpg

Might be easier to paint separately, in my opinion. As far as the radome open and radar showing, hell, you've done the RAT and equipment bay beautifully, I think you should go for it!!! :thumbsup:

thats what i was thinking - gonna be easier to tidy up after..

with the Prowler, the nose only comes off with major maintenance so it just tips up slightly so you dont see so much of the radar... will add it to the list ;-)