Monogram F-18C "COSO 101"

Now that I've officially beat terminal cancer (Thank you Lord!) it's time to get back to modeling!! Here's my Monogram F-18A that I turned into a "C" and clothed it Fightertown Decals' Centennial F-18C markings. I'm a sucker for jets with orange markings so this was one that I had to do as the first model that I did during my recovery from a monster fight with that cancer! Btw, since I went with Monogram (Revell) I've got about 20 bucks in the whole thing! Rich.

P1010275.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010273.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010250.jpg

P1010282.jpg

Love seeing them older Monogram/ Revell kits being built. I got a Revell AH-64 A and a MI 24 hind D that I'm looking forward to working on. Your F/A 18 looks awesome, a little color on the big gray jets doesn't hurt nothing. Plus congratulations on your recovery, may you keep the big C at bay for a long time to come.

Hello Chopperpilot71.

Good to have you back and nice that you are back to modeling..

The F-18C "COSO 101 " is an OUTSTANDING build..

BEAUTIFULLY painted , neat clean sharp lines...SLEEK !!!

NICE JOB... :punk:

:smiley-whacky084:

HOLMES

Edited by HOLMES

Now that I've officially beat terminal cancer (Thank you Lord!) it's time to get back to modeling!! Here's my Monogram F-18A that I turned into a "C" and clothed it Fightertown Decals' Centennial F-18C markings. I'm a sucker for jets with orange markings so this was one that I had to do as the first model that I did during my recovery from a monster fight with that cancer! Btw, since I went with Monogram (Revell) I've got about 20 bucks in the whole thing! Rich.

Great story and great model!! Love RM classics. What was your cancer and how did you beat it? I love good endings!!

congrat! also it shows true skill when you can turn an old kit into something magnificent.

keep up the great work and a reminder to everyone (myself included): protect your health, wear mask while airburshing

Thanks for the kind words guys, "pminer", I had esophageal cancer that spread to my pancreas and bones, it was a tough fight, they gave me six months to live! Like I said, I'm VERY glad to be modeling instead of pushing up daisies!

• 2 months later...