Welcome to the Sharkmouth Group Build

Okay, I'll definitely join this group build. I have three possible kits, but I don't know which one I'll build. My options:

1. 1/48 Eduard Bf 110D, with mottles and a big sharkmouth.

2. 1/72 Trumpeter F-105G with a sharkmouth, just received this today from a friend... only problem is the painting/decalling instructions are missing.

3. Hasegawa's 1/48 P-400 kit, it actually has two sharkmouth options in the kit, but the canopy is problematic... must find a vacuform replacement.

Most possibly I'll start with the Eduard Bf 110D. May also build the F-105 along, as it will be easier to complete.

Okay, I'll definitely join this group build. I have three possible kits, but I don't know which one I'll build. My options:

1. 1/48 Eduard Bf 110D, with mottles and a big sharkmouth.

2. 1/72 Trumpeter F-105G with a sharkmouth, just received this today from a friend... only problem is the painting/decalling instructions are missing.

3. Hasegawa's 1/48 P-400 kit, it actually has two sharkmouth options in the kit, but the canopy is problematic... must find a vacuform replacement.

Most possibly I'll start with the Eduard Bf 110D. May also build the F-105 along, as it will be easier to complete.

I vote for the 110D! That would be a great addition to the GB! I'll put you on the list for one of the 3 listed above. Let us know what you decide so I can edit the list.

I vote for the 110D! That would be a great addition to the GB! I'll put you on the list for one of the 3 listed above. Let us know what you decide so I can edit the list.

Okay, sign me up with the 110D then :) I hope I can easily tackle this kit, it seems a bit over-engineered. We'll see what happens!

ReadytoRock.jpg

Edited by EmreEfli

I've tried to steer clear of GB's as I recently over committed myself to several which resulted in no builds being completed. :whistle:

But this one seems fun, so I'd like to join in with this...........

IMG_8698.jpg

Cheers

Deacon

Ok....I'm in.

I'll follow Mikkels lead with a Tamiya F-51D in 1/48...not sure which sharkmouth yet...Bolivian,Cuban,Dominican or Guatemalan...could do them all have the decals and kits....but baby steps..lol

Also have suitable sharkmouth decals for atleast a dozen F-4's plus F-15's,F-16's,A-7's.....the list goes on so no excuses on my part for this GB.

Cheers,

Gary

If someone would like to tackle a conversion of the Kinetic S-2E kit into an S-2A and build the Thai bird below, send me a PM. I need photos of a built example for my gallery; and I think it would make a good Sharkmouth GB entry.

THAILAND.png

Decals for this scheme are on my International S-2 sheet.

Edited by KursadA

If someone would like to tackle a conversion of the Kinetic S-2E kit into an S-2A and build the Thai bird below, send me a PM. I need photos of a built example for my gallery; and I think it would make a good Sharkmouth GB entry.

THAILAND.png

Decals for this scheme are on my International S-2 sheet.

Wow,

I know of a resin update set coming and possibly the conversion but it may be a while before I get the test shots. So, I did some looking into the Grumman G-89 Tracker depicted:

Construction number 597 was an S-2F-1 (later re-designated S-2A) with serial 136688 built for the USN. When transferred to the Royal Thai Navy, it received Buzz numbers 688 then 09 and was based at RTNB U-Tapao with the 1st Wing of the 101 Squadron.

Here is a photo:

RTN-1219.jpg

A stable mate, S-2A, construction number 398, serial 136489, went directly to the Royal Thai Navy whereby it received the buzz nuymbers 489, 107, and finally 1107. Here is a photo and note the faded 1107 on the nose next to the shark mouth:

RTN-1213.jpg

On the tail fin, we see where the buzz number was relocated.

Now, looking over the sheet, I did not see 688, or 09, to use on the tail fin but I did see 1107...

Regards,

Could I join in with a Hasegawa F-14A in VF-111 markings please? And I may include a 1/144 F-14D in VF-101 markings too.

Of course! What scale is your Has. 'Cat?

I know of a resin update set coming and possibly the conversion but it may be a while before I get the test shots. So, I did some looking into the Grumman G-89 Tracker depicted:

Construction number 597 was an S-2F-1 (later re-designated S-2A) with serial 136688 built for the USN. When transferred to the Royal Thai Navy, it received Buzz numbers 688 then 09 and was based at RTNB U-Tapao with the 1st Wing of the 101 Squadron.

The aircraft depicted on the sheet is 136688. According to my resources it currently wears the Thai serial 1107 and is the only aircraft adorned with that sharkmouth in the Thai Navy.

Edited by KursadA

Ok....I'm in.

I'll follow Mikkels lead with a Tamiya F-51D in 1/48...not sure which sharkmouth yet...Bolivian,Cuban,Dominican or Guatemalan...could do them all have the decals and kits....but baby steps..lol

Also have suitable sharkmouth decals for atleast a dozen F-4's plus F-15's,F-16's,A-7's.....the list goes on so no excuses on my part for this GB.

Cheers,

Gary

Great idea, Bolivia Bolivia Bolivia :OMG-OMG:

The Bolivian calavier Mustang where in my mind, but there where no decals available in 1/72

Bolivian F-51's are a attention getter for sure!

Work & family commitments mean it'll be acouplr of weeks before i can join in the fun...you'll most likely have your Dominican bird done by then!

Great idea, Bolivia Bolivia Bolivia :OMG-OMG:

The Bolivian calavier Mustang where in my mind, but there where no decals available in 1/72

Well shoot. I was going to say "might as well sign me up" for a Hobbyboss A-7H with tiger meet markings.

Seen here:

HBB87206.jpg

Only problem is.. er.... no teeth! D'oh! I thought they showed around the intake, but nope. Guess this bird's got her gums covered.

Image005.jpg

D'oh! :bandhead2:

Okay, guess I'll just watch and enjoy for now :)