Welcome to the Sharkmouth Group Build

Welcome everyone to the Sharkmouth Group Build! Please post here what you will be building for this Group Build. Include kit manufacturer, scale, and if possible photos/scans.

Hosts for this GB are Mig Mikkel and blunce, if you have any questions regarding the rules or eligible builds, please post here or PM the hosts.

Banners are here , courtesy of Bonehammer.

Rules / Guidelines

1. Group Build starts June 1st and ends November 30th, 2011. Deadline for GB entry is Sept.1, 2011. All completed builds must be posted to the Display page by 11:59PST November 30, 2011 to be eligible for the raffle drawing.

*EDIT*: Now no entry deadline. You can enter right up until the end of the group build if you want.

2. Any real aircraft with Sharkmouth, teeth, fangs and so on, is allowed. Sorry no "What-ifs". Sharkmouth, teeth, fangs etc. must be on the aircraft itself, it's not enough that the drop tanks or bombs have Sharkmouths on them. If there is a question as to eligibility of your desired build, please post your desired livery here for approval.

3. The model must not be started before your entry into the Group Build (nothing you've already started please).

4. All scales are okay.

5. No limit on number of entries per builder.

6. For raffle prize shipping purposes, if your location is not listed in your profile, please post it here when you sign up here for the Group Build.

Edited by blunce

Right then,

Has F-4E St Louis.

Has F-4E Arkansas traveller......

maybe a Hasegawa F-14A VF-111 if I find enough time this year.

Edited by phantom

I'll be doing 2 1/72nd P-40s

Academy's P-40E

108_rn.jpg

and an old Minicraft/Hasegawa P-40N

Both will be strictly oob. The M/H one I may have to get decals for.

Shouldn't take me long at all.

I'm in Ohio USA.

K

Also I'll be doing the B-24J "Dragon and his Tail" in 1/72 for the local museum. If that qualifies for the GB then it will be. I'll be getting that here shortly so let me know.

I'll be doing Senior Leutenant Dmitryev's La-5 using the Zvezda kit. The sharkmouthed plane is not on the box art, but is among the decalling options.

la5dmitriev.jpg

The mouth is odd and I love it. Looks like the plane is about to start singing "Satisfaction"...

I'm in with either a F-105G of the 17th WWS, based at Korat in the early 70's:

090605-F-1234P-037.jpg

Or a JASDF RF-4EJ:

normal_47-6347_1_JASDF_Beenen.jpg

As you can see, I made my banner using that pic. :)

Okay I'm looking at building at least one currently, possibly two. I'll start off by building a 1/72 Hasegawa P-51 III (B) of 112 Squadron. Haven't seen the actual decals yet as got them off a good fellow on Britmodeller.

If time of motivation allows I may also build an Academy P-40N using Sky decals sheet.

Just found this one is my stash as well. I'm feelin' froggy, I'm gonna try to pop this one out too! Probably put this one in the air, since it's alot uglier sittin' on the ground. (1/72)

1Box.jpg

Edited by blunce

I think I'll do a Kamov Ka-50, the Hobbyboss kit at 1/72 scale (there is a option for a chopper with a sharkmouth). :)

Then, if I have enough time, maybe a Academy OV-10 or Airfix P-40.

But I'm not sure to start immediately because I still have a lot of work with the Mureaux 117 (f***ing accident ! :bandhead2: ).

Does using the wrong vesion of a plane count as a what if?

Let me be more specific :

I want to build VF-111 F-14(i think is a A) miss molly but i would be using a hasegawa 1/48 F-14D

Let me know

Cheers

Neo

I want to build VF-111 F-14(i think is a A) miss molly but i would be using a hasegawa 1/48 F-14D

Let me know

Cheers

Neo

I'm thinking it's ok, it's a very small difference. I've asked Mikkel's opinion for the final word. Will post here with a yea or nay

Or a JASDF RF-4EJ:

normal_47-6347_1_JASDF_Beenen.jpg

Pete, you have GOT to build that RF-4EJ! It's beautiful man!

I'm also in with a JASDF F-4EJ or two. Maybe even a JASDF RF-4E. No one makes sharkmouths quite like the Japanese :)

Let me know

Cheers

Neo

Yeah, your fine with that Neo, except that Musuem nose art one that was shown your other thread. If that was a Museums own addition to their museum a/c, I'd say that makes it a what-if.

Yeah, your fine with that Neo, except that Musuem nose art one that was shown your other thread. If that was a Museums own addition to their museum a/c, I'd say that makes it a what-if.

That good news. (im not sure im going to make it because of the moving at the end of june but ill do my best)

AS for my thread in the Jet modeling i was for if i dont join this GB. I just ordered the SuperScale Miss Molly VF-111.

Cheers

Neo

That good news. (im not sure im going to make it because of the moving at the end of june but ill do my best)

AS for my thread in the Jet modeling i was for if i dont join this GB. I just ordered the SuperScale Miss Molly VF-111.

Cheers

Neo

Ok, deadline to join is Sept 1, just post here yea or nay before then and we'll put you down for it! :thumbsup:

For now, put me down for an Academy 1/48 P-40B Warhawk with a True Details cockpit, Squadron vac formed canopy and Sky Decals, looking at an AVG Flying Tigers, possibly Greg Boyington's #21.

Oops, I dont have the decals for Boyington's P-40B, so Ill do one of the other a/c from the group, just need to decide between the 1st Pursuit Sqn (Adam & Eve Sqn) and the 3rd Pursuit Sqn (Hell's Angels Sqn).

Edited by Charlie Cheetah