Welcome to the Sharkmouth Group Build

Well, although there's a 109C that will be in work, I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring with a Bf109D that has close to the same markings as the C. Mine will be a 1/48 Hobbycraft kit using AeroMaster decals. Now the rules say unstarted, but I've already base coated the cockpit with RLM02. Hopefully that's OK. I get in moods and will pull a whole bunch of kits that require the same general color, especially interior colors, and spray several at one time. That's what happened with this one. Have no idea how long ago I did it. Anyway, if that violates the rules, let me know. Anyway, heres the kit-

100730019.jpg

Here's the scheme-

100730016.jpg

McLents

Now the rules say unstarted, but I've already base coated the cockpit with RLM02. Hopefully that's OK. Anyway, if that violates the rules, let me know. Anyway, heres the kit-

100730019.jpg

Here's the scheme-

100730016.jpg

McLents

I've got no problem with that. Welcome to the build. Have to admit, I think that's the first time I've ever seen a 109 with shark teeth! I've got decals for one that has lips under the cowling with a smoking cigarette! Hah!

I've got no problem with that. Welcome to the build. Have to admit, I think that's the first time I've ever seen a 109 with shark teeth! I've got decals for one that has lips under the cowling with a smoking cigarette! Hah!

Thanks B- I've got that decal sheet too. Don,t know if it qualifies for this build, but if not it probably would for the '35 to '40 build. The pilot got those lips for shooting down a French plane. Actually, if it qualified for this build, I was gonna do it after the D, but is not, then maybe the other build. However I have a couple of other planes in mind for that build. Glad to be aboard for this build :o)............

McLents

Complete change of what I am doing.

1/48 Hasegawa F-4E St Louis anniversary, which should be finished latter today.

1/48 Hasegawa F-4E Arkansas traveller.

THEN if I have time

1/48 Hasegawa F-14A VF-111

Put me down for a 1/72 Italeri OH-6A, it includes markings for an aircraft with a shark like mouth and since the whole thing isn't much bigger than my thumb I should be able to get it done quickly (well by November anyway :rolleyes: ).

Complete change of what I am doing.

1/48 Hasegawa F-4E St Louis anniversary, which should be finished latter today.

1/48 Hasegawa F-4E Arkansas traveller.

THEN if I have time

1/48 Hasegawa F-14A VF-111

Put me down for a 1/72 Italeri OH-6A, it includes markings for an aircraft with a shark like mouth and since the whole thing isn't much bigger than my thumb I should be able to get it done quickly (well by November anyway :rolleyes: ).

Got you guys added to the list. :thumbsup:

Okay, I'll jump in with a 1/32 Tamiya Mk.VIII RAAF 457 Sqn Spitfire of Wing Commander Bobby Gibbes.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

OOOOHH!! I'm looking forward to this one. I've got one of those kits waiting in the queue.

-Dave

scale and kit manuf?

1/48 Hobby Craft.

Mclents, thanks for stealing my thunder. BTW, the 109C and 109D are the same airframe, different engine (fuel injection vs. carbs/Jumo 210GA vs. 210D), i.e. no external differences.

Although I had planned on using the same decal sheet, I will now be using the kit decals.

I started it over the weekend and will be posting pictures soon.

Edited by Grenadier37

1/48 Hobby Craft.

Mclents, thanks for stealing my thunder. BTW, the 109C and 109D are the same airframe, different engine (fuel injection vs. carbs/Jumo 210GA vs. 210D), i.e. no external differences.

Hey, no reason you both can't do the same plane (other than personal preference of course), but build whichever you like. Welcome to the GB!

When I made the comment a page back or so about never seeing a 109 with a sharknose, it was actually your post I was thinking of, not realizing someone else was talking about the same aircraft!

Brian

Hey, Guys. It's been a while since I got on the forum, so I missed seeing this GB. You would know, I started my P-40B on May 18th. If I had known about the build, I would have waited a couple weeks. Oh well. Excited to see some of the builds on here.

I finished it a few days ago. I have some build pics and final pics that I could share with the group if that's acceptable.

Just a suggestion, you could start an "inspirational" thread for people to post pictures of past builds and/or pictures of the real thing.

-Dave

Hey Guys,

An ARC newbie here and I figured that my first post might as well be a GB sign-up request.

I think I'd like to build one of my favorite faces on one of my favorite fighters, so I submit to you:

The Paper Tiger

PaperTiger.jpg

Did that nose shout "Hey all you MiG drivers, come-n-git-it!" or what? Although, the Chinese translation of Paper Tiger might have you believe otherwise. A tounge-in-cheek joke maybe?

Anyway, I would like to use the Academy 1/48 F-86F "MiG Killers" kit and the Superscale 48-812 decal sheet. Both are still in the mail so it may be a week or two before I can get started.

Thanks